Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Probably a noob question about front mount light bars (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/280977-probably-noob-question-about-front-mount-light-bars.html)

Spielightdude 12-20-2019 05:17 PM

Probably a noob question about front mount light bars

Hi Everyone,
Just wondering if a 50" long curved lightbar would fit along the top of a 5th gen or no?

Thank you

97BlackAckCL 12-20-2019 05:45 PM

Yes, you can do a 50" across the windshield

2003-2020 Toyota 4Runner 52" Curved LED Light Bar Roof Combo– Cali Raised LED

2112 R 12-20-2019 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spielightdude (Post 3412340)
Hi Everyone,
Just wondering if a 50" long curved lightbar would fit along the top of a 5th gen or no?

Thank you

It will work, just note they are very bright, I have a 40 on the Gobi and it's super bright. Just letting ya know in case you're looking to still have an insane amount of light and save some cash if there is a price difference on the models and brands you're looking at.

Have fun.

Bugser 12-21-2019 09:22 PM

I have 2 Caliraiswd light bars behind the grill that is insanely bright. Could not ever believe it could light that much up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris21700 12-22-2019 08:15 AM

I have a 52" curved triple row mounted with Rago brackets.

Spielightdude 01-07-2020 07:57 PM

Thank you all.

I asked as being a volunteer fire police in my town I respond directly to the scene in my POV. We are allowed to run blue lights and the place I get my warning lights from had a warning/flood warning combo bar.
They are updating the optics so what was a 300.00 bar I picked up for 50.00
For the price I had to jump on it and figured worst case if it didn't fit I have a few guys at the station thay would buy it off me.
In a town with very few street lights when your on a call for down treets and wires at night with regular headlights it can be hard as hell to see and if not careful you can get yourself in trouble fast.

Thank you again to everyone who replied.

mynameistory 01-08-2020 04:05 AM

Just keep in mind that most light bars (especially cheap ones) have terrible optics that result in tons of wasted light as glare. This is especially noticeable when mounted on top of the windshield, as your hood will light up with blinding glare and ultimately cause more harm than good to your eyes trying to see in the dark.

Please try test fitting your new bar and turning it on before drilling and mounting it. If it's a cheap bar with bad optics, you'll know right away because your hood will light up like a mirror.