Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Ya, Merry Christmas!!! (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/280989-ya-merry-christmas.html)

Mikes86ttop 12-20-2019 11:36 PM

Ya, Merry Christmas!!!

Hey guy's, I don't really post here much. But I had a collision with Mr Rudolph the dead nosed reign deer tonight... But I've already got my claim# and a meeting with the adjuster tomorrow. I'm not worried about the repairs, but the hassle of it all, and being Xmas week has already frustrated me... My dad's been in the body business for 40yrs. So everything will be good on that end of it. As for parts I'm totally open on ideas for replacement parts and upgrades as fitment of different year parts, meaning different grille headlights, fog lights etc will fit my truck..... Btw it's a 2012 mag gray sr5 premium... For mods I've only done bilstien 5100s all around and cornfed rear spacers with falken wildpeaks... I'm trying to upload pics but keep getting an upload error... Thanks Mike

mteolus 12-21-2019 01:51 PM

If your front bumper is messed up and has to be replaced, replace it with a steel or aluminum front bumper. If you are going to put a winch on it, get the LFD one. It is a full bumper replacement. Not sure if they make it for the 2012 though.

LandCruiser 12-21-2019 02:06 PM

You hit a caribou?

Damn.

Mikes86ttop 12-21-2019 02:07 PM

Are there any links available for an exploded view of everything behind the bumper? Brackets, clips and shields? There is a lot of busted stuff in there....😠😠😠
Also still having a problem posting pics?... Thanks Mike

BobsTrail 12-21-2019 02:11 PM

Sometimes I forget to resize my photos and the system won't take a 5mb photo. Check the file size.

Anand 12-21-2019 08:12 PM

Depending on how extensive the damage is, and assuming you like the look, now would be the time to upgrade to the 2014+ front end (lights/bumper)... Simultaneously, it would probably be advantageous to go with a metal front bumper if that is the route you envision yourself taking in the future.

LFD Off-road has been having some pretty short lead times for their parts and offer both a slimline and full bumper replacements (whether you are keeping the early 5th gen front bumper style or switching to the newer bumper style).

If you are worried about getting the truck back on the road super quickly, however, an OEM bumper may be your only option as very few (if any) aftermarket manufacturers keep bumpers in stock.

Other things to consider - switching to a TRD Off-Road/Pro hood w/ the hood scoop (if you like the look and are alright being blinded by the reflection of the sun at the most inopportune times) and the TRD Pro grille (assuming you're doing the 2014+ front end).

Chris21700 12-22-2019 08:20 AM

Don't waste your time on another OEM bumper!! Get a steel one and you will never have to worry about Rudolph again. May he RIP.

Mikes86ttop 12-22-2019 09:32 AM

I like the idea of the 14 front end, I also already have the hood scoop. Hood was replaced after a wind storm knocked down some trees last year. I've posted pics here before with no problems? They are in the new member thread. I'm trying to figure out how to resize pics on my phone but not having any luck.. Any ideas?.. Thanks Mike

yota1976 12-22-2019 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikes86ttop (Post 3412948)
I like the idea of the 14 front end, I also already have the hood scoop. Hood was replaced after a wind storm knocked down some trees last year. I've posted pics here before with no problems? They are in the new member thread. I'm trying to figure out how to resize pics on my phone but not having any luck.. Any ideas?.. Thanks Mike

If you're doing it on your phone, you can do a screen shot of the photo and it will lower the file size by alot. Might depend on your phone though.

Mikes86ttop 12-22-2019 09:56 AM

Taking a screenshot cuts it down by about half? Still too big for a jpeg...

thennen 12-22-2019 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikes86ttop (Post 3412956)
Taking a screenshot cuts it down by about half? Still too big for a jpeg...

On my iPhone, I email the photo to myself and select something smaller than full-size when sending it. Then save the pic to my PC and upload to T4R from there. Not sure if Android does something similar.

Mikes86ttop 12-22-2019 10:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Resized pic.. Looks like I got it..

CutthroatSlam 12-22-2019 04:57 PM

Ouch!

Did you dress out the deer?:rockon:

Mikes86ttop 12-23-2019 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CutthroatSlam (Post 3413105)
Ouch!

Did you dress out the deer?:rockon:

No, don't care that much for bambi meat.. I did prop it up against a tree and put a Santa hat on it... J/K...but honestly I Hope he died a slow painful death and is half eaten by now... Mike

Mikes86ttop 01-02-2020 07:45 PM

Hey guys just looking around for the best online Toyota parts website. I need a site that will have everything for a front end deer impact replacement... Specifically all the the stuff behind the bumper of a '12 sr5 premium.. Thanks Mike