Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Wrench day NORCAL (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/281048-wrench-day-norcal.html)

alcomedic 12-22-2019 06:50 PM

Wrench day NORCAL

Seeing if anyone is interested in getting together in the bay area to help me install some suspension components...Need to install Eibach complete kit and some Camburg UCA's on my 17' pro. I don't have a lot of tools anymore nor an ideal space. Thought it would be nice to meet some members if people wanna get together for a wrench day. I'm in Livermore, willing to travel and will provide good beer (no C-) and pizza.

daytonaviolet 12-22-2019 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alcomedic (Post 3413133)
Seeing if anyone is interested in getting together in the bay area to help me install some suspension components...Need to install Eibach complete kit and some Camburg UCA's on my 17' pro. I don't have a lot of tools anymore nor an ideal space. Thought it would be nice to meet some members if people wanna get together for a wrench day. I'm in Livermore, willing to travel and will provide good beer (no C-) and pizza.

I’ll come by and help.

Generalisimo 12-22-2019 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daytonaviolet (Post 3413172)
I’ll come by and help.

Some guys will do just about anything for free beer! Kinda like a guy buying flowers in the grocery store.....only that guys not after beer!

daytonaviolet 12-23-2019 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Generalisimo (Post 3413209)
Some guys will do just about anything for free beer! Kinda like a guy buying flowers in the grocery store.....only that guys not after beer!

Not sure I follow ?? What am I after ?

adrummingdude 12-23-2019 02:31 AM

I might be into it if my schedule allows. I'm in/coming from the Santa Rosa area.

Generalisimo 12-23-2019 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daytonaviolet (Post 3413222)
Not sure I follow ?? What am I after ?

One sign that the “thought police” have succeeded is when the ability to detect humor is lost and almost everything can be offensive. The first part is also a early sign of dementia. My comment was a sloppy attempt at humor, obviously it must have violated your “safe space”....

spartacus 12-23-2019 11:50 AM

QUOTE=Generalisimo;3413335]One sign that the “thought police” have succeeded is when the ability to detect humor is lost and almost everything can be offensive. The first part is also a early sign of dementia. My comment was a sloppy attempt at humor, obviously it must have violated your “safe space”....[/QUOTE]

@daytonaviolet was gracious and wanted to help when a lot of others won't. Your comment was offensive because you made it personal and insulting. Personal attacks are against this forums policy.

kenwilliams0803 12-23-2019 12:28 PM

It was a joke, not an offensive personal attack.

He was saying some will do anything for beer and food, just like they will for sex. It was supposed to be funny, and I didn't see it as a jab at anyone.

spartacus 12-23-2019 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenwilliams0803 (Post 3413356)
It was a joke, not an offensive personal attack.

He was saying some will do anything for beer and food, just like they will for sex. It was supposed to be funny, and I didn't see it as a jab at anyone.

He quoted @daytonaviolet which made it personal.

mcat707 12-23-2019 12:39 PM

I would make it out there to meet up with you guys if I didn’t have to work today.

Maybe another NorCal meet up will happen sometime soon?

-Located in Vacaville

Edit:
Just realized that the OP posted this yesterday

daytonaviolet 12-23-2019 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Generalisimo (Post 3413335)
One sign that the “thought police” have succeeded is when the ability to detect humor is lost and almost everything can be offensive. The first part is also a early sign of dementia. My comment was a sloppy attempt at humor, obviously it must have violated your “safe space”....

Humor or not .. I’m not violated .. just trying to make sense of your logic

4Reak Show 12-23-2019 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcat707 (Post 3413365)
I would make it out there to meet up with you guys if I didn’t have to work today.

Maybe another NorCal meet up will happen sometime soon?

-Located in Vacaville

Edit:
Just realized that the OP posted this yesterday

X2 for Vacaville resident!

I work at a shop in Sacramento. Depending on what OP's goal is, I may be able to convince the boss to let us use the place. Slim chances but I can try....

If not, I can make room in my garage after the holidays are over. Couple options to mull over.

4Reak Show 12-23-2019 04:16 PM

6 posts in a non political thread before someone blew a gasket. That's gotta be some kind of record.

daytonaviolet 12-23-2019 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4Reak Show (Post 3413475)
6 posts in a non political thread before someone blew a gasket. That's gotta be some kind of record.

:thumb3:

it's really no big deal. let's move past this and have a wrench day :guitar3:

alcomedic 12-24-2019 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4Reak Show (Post 3413473)
X2 for Vacaville resident!

I work at a shop in Sacramento. Depending on what OP's goal is, I may be able to convince the boss to let us use the place. Slim chances but I can try....

If not, I can make room in my garage after the holidays are over. Couple options to mull over.

Thank you to all that have replied and offered help! I think a wrench day would be fun. Doesn't just have to be my truck either. Many hands make light work...

My goal is to get everything installed correctly. I have no problem coming to sac or vacaville. I'll make sure the beer stays cold while traveling! Really appreciate the offer. Shop or garage, both sound great to me. Seeing as how you own a 3.4 swap with manual conversion makes me think you're just a littttttttle more mechanically inclined then myself