Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   4th Gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Body Mount Relocation Kit - NTK FabWorks (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/281560-body-mount-relocation-kit-ntk-fabworks.html)

That_Titanium_4RNR 01-08-2020 04:14 PM

Body Mount Relocation Kit - NTK FabWorks

6 Attachment(s)
Hey guys, just wanted to show you guys what I had done to fix my body mount rubbing issues forever...

I saw QuarterTiltFab's relocation kit on insta first around Sept/Oct and was about to purchase when I paused and figured I would go ahead and message the person I wanted to have install this kit, Nick Koupiaris of NTK FabWorks.

I had heard about him through some fellow 4Runner friends who had some work done through him. He was the closest fab guy near me that I KNEW had experience with Yotas and I was confident he would do a clean job on this install for me.

Well little did I know, he had been working on a kit of his own for relocating the body mount and offered me the option to be a guinea pig on his own kit. I was stoked and said yes. 2 months passed (we both had super busy schedules) and then I made the drive to his shop for him to burn on his new part.

This is how it came out. Pretty clean IMO. He has since adjusted his material thickness and although it would be nice to have thicker metal, I am plenty happy with my mount and am not worried in the slightest about its strength. He also took care of my pinch weld and trimming some inner fender metal too.

Overall great job by him and I couldn't be happier with the result. I've been running this kit close to a month now and it has satisfied all of my needs.

I would highly recommend it to anyone thinking about doing any tire 285/70R17 or bigger (i'm running 285/75R17s personally).

Here is the link for the kit Tacoma/4Runner Cab Mount Relocation Brackets — ntk fabworks

That_Titanium_4RNR 01-08-2020 04:15 PM

@montijo505

here you go sir...thanks for the motivation to post some pics finally haha.

xtremewlr 01-08-2020 07:46 PM

This is awesome. With the final product being 1/4" plate, this will be as strong or stronger than OEM. Definitely will be going this route come time. Thanks for sharing!

montijo505 01-09-2020 12:20 AM

Body Mount Relocation Kit - NTK FabWorks

Quote:

Originally Posted by That_Titanium_4RNR (Post 3420973)
@montijo505

here you go sir...thanks for the motivation to post some pics finally haha.

Price ain’t bad either! May just have to grab it, although I still have spindle gussets sitting in a box I haven’t gotten around to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JuniorPigeon 01-09-2020 09:08 AM

This is a really good idea :hatsoff:

That_Titanium_4RNR 01-09-2020 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtremewlr (Post 3421109)
This is awesome. With the final product being 1/4" plate, this will be as strong or stronger than OEM. Definitely will be going this route come time. Thanks for sharing!

Absolutely! Glad to give you guys another option. Its beefy for sure

That_Titanium_4RNR 01-09-2020 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montijo505 (Post 3421238)
Price ain’t bad either! May just have to grab it, although I still have spindle guests sitting in a box I haven’t gotten around to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah its definitely reasonable. His parts are extremely precise too. Fitment should be perfect. Sounds like you may need to make a day out of both of those projects haha

That_Titanium_4RNR 01-09-2020 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuniorPigeon (Post 3421297)
This is a really good idea :hatsoff:

My thoughts exactly! There are other options out there, but he is local to me and this one is super clean for sure.

slixx1320 02-09-2020 10:48 AM

Thanks for the post and pictures! When the time comes, I’ll be ordering a set for mine.

Drift Monkey 02-09-2020 11:08 AM

Excuse my ignorance, but can someone explain to be the difference between this is a chop plate. I’m guessing this retains more structural rigidity?

xtremewlr 02-09-2020 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drift Monkey (Post 3439465)
Excuse my ignorance, but can someone explain to be the difference between this is a chop plate. I’m guessing this retains more structural rigidity?

This replaces the whole body mount where the chop plate just modifies the stock body mount.

This is made from 1/4" plate and will be stronger than the stock mount when done.

This is overall smaller than just the chop plate. This also comes with new poly bushings for the body mount so there is no concern with crusty old body mounts catching fire when you are welding in the chop plates.

Overall, this is just a cleaner, simpler solution IMO.

gringo8251 10-16-2020 09:28 PM

OCT 2020 update

1 Attachment(s)
Sharing some pics of NTK Fab's work on my 2017 4R. I chose NTK after seeing this thread during my research. I followed Nick's IG and realized he was down the road in NC. Seeing the very good work he does online gave me confidence. Also, he recommended another fab guy in VA to do the install to save me the drive but that guy had relocated. In the end, I'm very happy I took it to Nick. Quality work and there were certainly details he was aware of as a professional welder that I would have missed if trying to do this DIY.

gringo8251 10-16-2020 09:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)
pics

gringo8251 10-16-2020 09:31 PM

2 Attachment(s)
some more

gringo8251 10-16-2020 09:31 PM

2 Attachment(s)
and more