Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   4th Gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   son totaled my truck. anyone in mi need parts? (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/281561-son-totaled-my-truck-anyone-mi-need-parts.html)

Frontline 01-08-2020 04:32 PM

son totaled my truck. anyone in mi need parts?

So my fully built and customized 2004 limited 4Runner rolled over a few times last week. Buying it back from the insurance company to get a few items off it. after that going part it out. anyone in Michigan need anything. Interior and drive train are all good. Everything else is not usable. curtain airbags went off noting else. Will add photos in a few days when I get a chance to go get it.

Bumbo 01-08-2020 04:46 PM

Is this a V6 or V8?

Does the front diff calm or rear 3rd member have lockers and or gearing in them?

jcaino 01-08-2020 04:53 PM

What color interior? I need one of the screw covers on the drivers-side grab handle on the a pillar in gray.

Frontline 01-08-2020 04:57 PM

the interior is grey, I have custom blue leather seats and custom molded rubber floor. There is a truetrac in the rear. the front is open. V8. entire air conditioning system including blend doors where replaced with toyota parts about 3 months ago. the cooling system was completely replaced this summer. starter this summer as well. There is nothing mechanical on the truck more than 2 years old except the engine and transmission. steering wheel leather is in great shape. the seats cost me about $4K to have done.

MikeinNH67 01-08-2020 05:10 PM

Well that stinks. Hope your son is ok. Will you buy another and use some of the costly parts in it?

Frontline 01-08-2020 05:21 PM

son is perfectly fine. the truck did an amazing job. it rolled at over 50mph into a ditch and not a single piece of glass broke on the truck.

Looking at a lexus gx tomorrow. If I like it i will put my sliders, skids and rear bumper on it. if not i will sell those as well. everything was made by 4X innovations. They used my truck to prototype the sliders and rear bumper.

SW 07LTD 01-08-2020 06:24 PM

Sorry to hear. Glad that he is ok and hopefully not shaken up too bad. At least he got the 1st accident out of his system right? Right out of high school I was working nights and one morning on the way home dozed off and crashed into the guard rail. We've all been there.

Frontline 01-08-2020 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SW 07LTD (Post 3421070)
Sorry to hear. Glad that he is ok and hopefully not shaken up too bad. At least he got the 1st accident out of his system right? Right out of high school I was working nights and one morning on the way home dozed off and crashed into the guard rail. We've all been there.

yep, been there done that a couple of times. teaching moment. now just going to try and offset some losses and hopefully some people will benefit from the custom work i had done.

taxzz 01-08-2020 08:00 PM

I could really use the trim piece from the rear as I want to remove my double deck cargo system. Let me know if you could quote to ship to 30310.

https://imgur.com/wDJBePy.jpg

BLUE 01 01-08-2020 08:04 PM

I’d interested in the rear diff if it has truetrac in it stock 3.73 gears or something different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frontline 01-08-2020 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLUE 01 (Post 3421116)
I’d interested in the rear diff if it has truetrac in it stock 3.73 gears or something different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is stock gearing. If i dont buy a GX tomorrow then it will be for sale. The entire rear end was rebuilt about 1.5 years ago and has new bearings, brake callipers, rotors.

Frontline 01-08-2020 08:25 PM

Here are a few photos of some of the work that has been done

6 Attachment(s)
the plastic base of the seats are wrapped in leather and the loop on the side the driver seats was put there so i could clip my VHF radio to it and hang the mike on my seat belt when on trail. The rear bumper is epoxy coated, painted then covered in clear with stone guard on the entire inside and lower aspect. The entire truck has at least 3-5 layers on thermacell insulation. Then there are custom led lights mounted through out.

Frontline 01-08-2020 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taxzz (Post 3421113)
I could really use the trim piece from the rear as I want to remove my double deck cargo system. Let me know if you could quote to ship to 30310.

https://imgur.com/wDJBePy.jpg

Unfortunately, Removed the entire floor and replaced it with a custom vinyl/ rubber floor

Frontline 01-08-2020 08:34 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Couple more photos

SHagood 01-08-2020 09:02 PM

I am interested in the skids.