Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   New Dasaita Head-unit (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/281755-new-dasaita-head-unit.html)

jony.lisa 01-13-2020 03:46 PM

New Dasaita Head-unit

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all

I’m in contact with Dasaita and they just announced a new head unit at CES 2020 for all years from 2010-2020. I’m in the process of securing a test unit and I will post updates here on quality and ease of use and fitment etc. And of course prices .

Here’s some pics to wet your appetite.

97BlackAckCL 01-13-2020 03:52 PM

Sop it's basically just another T8/T9 headunit?

jhguth 01-13-2020 04:11 PM

it's another android headunit, but a different chipset and different manufacturer so worth seeing if the fit and finish is any better

daytonaviolet 01-13-2020 04:28 PM

New Dasaita Head-unit

Looks interesting if you need another tester. I was about to purchase a T9 [emoji2957]

Rhino11 01-13-2020 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jony.lisa (Post 3423761)
Hi all

I’m in contact with Dasaita and they just announced a new head unit at CES 2020 for all years from 2010-2020. I’m in the process of securing a test unit and I will post updates here on quality and ease of use and fitment etc. And of course prices .

Here’s some pics to wet your appetite.

Interested to see how it works. From what I've seen, many of the currenty ones are not made for 10-13.

daytonaviolet 01-13-2020 04:35 PM

New Dasaita Head-unit

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhino11 (Post 3423787)
Interested to see how it works. From what I've seen, many of the currenty ones are not made for 10-13.

I believe the T9 has 10-13 units.

Not suitable without touch screen!!!Free Shipping 9" Android 8.1 T9 4+64G Head Unit for Toyota 4Runner 2010-2013

jony.lisa 01-13-2020 04:40 PM

I like this one particularly because it maintains the big physical knobs for volume and doesn’t inhibit my A/C vents.

sn_85 01-13-2020 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 97BlackAckCL (Post 3423765)
Sop it's basically just another T8/T9 headunit?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhguth (Post 3423777)
it's another android headunit, but a different chipset and different manufacturer so worth seeing if the fit and finish is any better

I just hope they don't try to buy out and bribe reviewers and influencers to give favorable reviews the same way Car Trim did with the T8/9 units. I somehow doubt it though, seems like the modus operandi of these companies.

jhguth 01-14-2020 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sn_85 (Post 3423990)
I just hope they don't try to buy out and bribe reviewers and influencers to give favorable reviews the same way Car Trim did with the T8/9 units. I somehow doubt it though, seems like the modus operandi of these companies.

yeah, don't buy from anyone with a promo code and ignore reviews from anyone selling these

llDemonll 01-14-2020 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sn_85 (Post 3423990)

Like the OP? :pop2:

"I'm in contact with" and "securing a test unit" all generally mean they're a product pusher.

Trail4Runner generally has OK reviews for details, but they're very clearly trying to push product as well. TRDJon on YouTube also does good reviews, but I believe he sells product as well.

Best this to do is wait for reviews from people who BUY THE UNITS to be posted on the forums. If they make these for 10-13 and they're in the same ballpark price (under $600) I may consider picking one up.

@OP -

If you're "in contact with" them, make sure they support 10-13 and 14+. They will lose a lot of potential sales if they don't.

Sundy 01-14-2020 09:44 PM

Any chance they will work on getting the black finish to be a better match than the T9? I know I could paint but it's been one of the items keeping me from trying out a unit.

DannyLlama 01-14-2020 09:46 PM

I have had really good luck with pioneer... which supports android/apply, and can be found for under 1000... why risk it?

bjs0131 01-14-2020 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhguth (Post 3424222)
yeah, don't buy from anyone with a promo code and ignore reviews from anyone selling these

I assume you are talking about the guys that support the CTH T9, why would you not buy from them if it’s coming from CTH anyway? I think having a “middleman” makes tons of sense here considering the language barrier and timezone issues associated with dealing with China directly. These guys generally offer a discount too, and frankly it comes with some amazing support over on the facebook group. Probably the best support I’ve ever had for any product I’ve ever bought. I cracked a screen during install (my fault) on a sunday and within a few hours they gave me a big discount on a replacement and covered DHL shipping and I had it in 3 days. They have answered other questions in a matter of minutes.

I’m extremely impressed with the T9. Once you realize the full possibilities of having a powerful, huge android tablet with a sim card in your dash for $500, you’ll wonder why you ever considered a $1000 pioneer. I used to have a $700 iPad pro mounted in my truck hooked up to a $100 GPS unit, hooked up to a $100 mount, all pretty much just to run Gaia. Now I just install the Gaia app and done. Not to mention, you can use the sharkfin as a GPS antenna for awesome reception.

mr_pink 01-14-2020 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjs0131 (Post 3424783)
I assume you are talking about the guys that support the CTH T9, why would you not buy from them if it’s coming from CTH anyway? I think having a “middleman” makes tons of sense here considering the language barrier and timezone issues associated with dealing with China directly. These guys generally offer a discount too, and frankly it comes with some amazing support over on the facebook group. Probably the best support I’ve ever had for any product I’ve ever bought. I cracked a screen during install (my fault) on a sunday and within a few hours they gave me a big discount on a replacement and covered DHL shipping and I had it in 3 days. They have answered other questions in a matter of minutes.

I’m extremely impressed with the T9. Once you realize the full possibilities of having a powerful, huge android tablet with a sim card in your dash for $500, you’ll wonder why you ever considered a $1000 pioneer. I used to have a $700 iPad pro mounted in my truck hooked up to a $100 GPS unit, hooked up to a $100 mount, all pretty much just to run Gaia. Now I just install the Gaia app and done. Not to mention, you can use the sharkfin as a GPS antenna for awesome reception.

why consider a name brand unit? oh i dont know...sound quality

mr_pink 01-14-2020 11:32 PM

logo is hideous. tell them that in china