Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   General Discussions (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/general-discussions/)
-   -   OEM Parts (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/general-discussions/281817-oem-parts.html)

nvestor88 01-15-2020 09:18 AM

OEM Parts

Who has the best prices on OEM a Toyota Parts?

Lester Lugnut 01-15-2020 12:11 PM

Countless places sell OEM online. Some are less than others. A big thing to consider is shipping cost. While a seller may have a good part price, their shipping charge may put it over the top.

mtnracer51 01-15-2020 12:14 PM

Ive been shopping around allot lately to mainly try and save shipping costs, but like Lugnut said the shipping can break you vs paying a few bucks more....Ive used Camelback Toyota out of AZ for the last few years and they have been good to deal with, quick shipping and pretty good prices from my experience. Let us know what you find and if there is anything better out there! Good luck.
Alex

spartacus 01-15-2020 12:58 PM

ive been using toyotapartsdeal.com. for a while now.

thennen 01-15-2020 02:05 PM

I've had success for decades (1982 to present) as a result of a good working relationship with the parts guy at a local dealership. Typical discount was 20% off his retail. When I moved 30 miles further away, he'd even ship me stuff for free. The big plus there was that I always got the right parts because he knew his vehicles.

Then there's the tips and advice. One example - in 2012, we were planning a family vacation to the Rockies that would run 6000-7000 miles. My 2001 had about 170k miles on it, and he asked if I'd ever replaced the radiator. I said no, and he explained the risk of having the pink milkshake in the middle of nowhere. I'd never even heard of that (now typical) 3rd Gen problem. So I bought the radiator from him and replaced it, and happily never got to experience that failure.

So for me personally, the local relationship trumps a lot of things, and is even worth paying a little more to get the benefits. If I were you, I'd go to a dealership and talk face to face with the parts guy. Ask him if he's willing to give discounts to faithful customers. If he does, and they're decent discounts, reward him with your business. If not, you lost nothing.

JuniorPigeon 01-16-2020 09:26 AM

I use a local place now, but until then I always had good luck with Toyota Parts Deal.

Toyota Parts - Genuine OEM Toyota Parts and Accessories Online

nb rob 01-16-2020 10:51 AM

I've made a few orders from McGeorge Toyota in Richmond VA. Great prices, fast shipping, and they work with me to ship to my USA mailbox. Some of the stuff I've bought has been less than a third of the prices I've been quoted locally.

4Runnergenius 01-23-2020 01:11 PM

Toyota Parts - Genuine OEM Toyota Parts and Accessories Online is my go to source for everything OEM Toyota at really good deals. They're great and they ship fast. The website is very user friendly.

Sky 01-23-2020 05:50 PM

As stated shipping is a big issue- today I ordered the roof crossbars- a dealer 150 miles away wanted $20 to ship, a dealer 1500 miles away wanted $5.
Both had the same price for the bars....guess who I ordered from.

AuSeeker 01-25-2020 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sky (Post 3430262)
As stated shipping is a big issue- today I ordered the roof crossbars- a dealer 150 miles away wanted $20 to ship, a dealer 1500 miles away wanted $5.
Both had the same price for the bars....guess who I ordered from.

This topic is about where to get OEM parts for the best price, so posting sources/links/name of dealer/s is what is needed.

While this info you posted tells us about shipping costs that affects the final price, it doesn't tell us which dealer had the best shipping, can you add the info on the 2 different dealers so we might be able to use the one with the best shipping and avoid the other one??

hattrickey 01-25-2020 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nb rob (Post 3425691)
I've made a few orders from McGeorge Toyota in Richmond VA. Great prices, fast shipping, and they work with me to ship to my USA mailbox. Some of the stuff I've bought has been less than a third of the prices I've been quoted locally.

I've been using them as well for the past year. Great prices and communication as well as fast shipping.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

ForRun 01-28-2020 12:38 AM

I've yet to find better oem cost unless the few occasions Toyota runs 20% sales
Genuine OEM Wholesale Auto Parts | BAM

det107 01-28-2020 01:59 PM

I live on east coast, use partznet.com

CookieRoe 01-28-2020 04:05 PM

partznet, then again, i live 20 min from them. However, I do notice their prices are amongst the lowest in many parts I've looked up.

ironguy 02-01-2020 10:00 AM

Good information folks,thanks for the new sources.