Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   Engines / Suspension / Wheels / Tires / Audio / Accessories (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/engines-suspension-wheels-tires-audio-accessories/)
-   -   Powered Sub Wiring (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/engines-suspension-wheels-tires-audio-accessories/281977-powered-sub-wiring.html)

FamousAv8er 01-18-2020 06:42 PM

Powered Sub Wiring

1 Attachment(s)
I purchased a Kicker HS8 Powered Sub. I am ready to run the wiring but I am not sure where I should tap into for the remote power/turn-on. I have a 5th Gen non JBL w/nav. Below is a wiring sheet I found online which seems to be fairly accurate. There is no Factory Amp or Power Antenna values which leads me to believe there may be non to tap in to. Where could I tap into for my remote power without affecting the performance of anything else?

MikeyMTBs 01-18-2020 06:58 PM

What about the last one, “satellite radio ignition”?

It would be switched power...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FamousAv8er 01-18-2020 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeyMTBs (Post 3427238)
What about the last one, “satellite radio ignition”?

It would be switched power...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would want to verify that that is 12V and I would want to assure that that would cause no issues with my satellite radio because I use that often.

FamousAv8er 01-18-2020 07:08 PM

It looks like another option would be to se DC Offset Turn-On but I will need to look at how to do this.

tylertenny 01-21-2020 10:38 AM

I currently have the same powered subwoofer mounted under my driver's seat. I bought the Kicker RCA adapter and a Toyota wiring harness adapter. This makes it a little easier to hook up and you won't have to splice into any wires in your factory harness.

I also mounted the remote bass controller into that small compartment in the center console. I'd still like to swap out some of the other speakers but so far I'm pretty happy with the sound after adding the Kicker subwoofer.

riceandpho 01-21-2020 11:49 AM

try using the radio ignition wire, that should be the acc or switched.
lt blue might be the constant power.