Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   What would you pay for a new Army Green TRD Pro 4Runner? (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/282104-what-would-you-pay-new-army-green-trd-pro-4runner.html)

mudmancrash 01-22-2020 12:18 PM

What would you pay for a new Army Green TRD Pro 4Runner?

What would you pay pre-tax for a new Army Green TRD Pro 4Runner?

There have been many posts and threads discussing TRD Pro vs. TRD OR purchases. Obviously it's more economical to build up your own trail rig based on a less expensive OR platform. To each, his or her own... This is not meant to be another debate - just a survey.

Disclosure: my deposited "no options" AG TRD Pro is just about ready for pickup. I probably need a truck more than another 4Runner. I am likely going to pass on this, but curious as to the real demand out there based on what people are willing to pay.

Glenn Goodlett 01-22-2020 01:43 PM

I just ordered one for list price, $52K.

Toyota of Wittier CA quoted me a price of 70K and said they were in demand.

Can't really say for sure until I am the owner.

BADCLOWN 01-22-2020 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glenn Goodlett (Post 3429368)
I just ordered one for list price, $52K.

Toyota of Wittier CA quoted me a price of 70K and said they were in demand.

Can't really say for sure until I am the owner.

I got quote here in northern KY (just south of Cincinnati) for a 2020 Army Green a few weeks ago and it was a hair over $50k.

Anyone that pays (IMO) over $55k (that is, if you really really want it) is a sucker. $70k?! Thats a crime.

hwnrunner 01-22-2020 02:15 PM

There's 1 AG in Hawaii for sale on CL, 300 miles, he's asking $57k. Been posted for a few weeks. AG is a color either u love or hate.

maxp0wer 01-22-2020 03:18 PM

Around here, they go for MSRP. I didn't pay a dime more when I got mine.

jwscott79 01-22-2020 03:22 PM

If it is the only color I can get, I will more than likely pass...I guess I am a hate it person...

DAF54 01-22-2020 05:12 PM

Bought my 2020 TRD ORP last week. While waiting in the dealership on something, I wandered over to a new PRO. It was the bright sky blue color. MSRP was $48K. Beside the factory Toyota window sticker was a smaller sticker added by the dealership. It simply said "Dealer markup: $5000" and showed a total price of $53K. :shocked:

I'd already bought mine so I did not inquire. First time I'd ever seen that in a dealership. Maybe it is commonplace, I don't buy a lot of new cars. LOL

Baystate4Runner 01-22-2020 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAF54 (Post 3429572)
Bought my 2020 TRD ORP last week. While waiting in the dealership on something, I wandered over to a new PRO. It was the bright sky blue color. MSRP was $48K. Beside the factory Toyota window sticker was a smaller sticker added by the dealership. It simply said "Dealer markup: $5000" and showed a total price of $53K. :shocked:

I'd already bought mine so I did not inquire. First time I'd ever seen that in a dealership. Maybe it is commonplace, I don't buy a lot of new cars. LOL

If it's a blue colored one it isn't even a 2020 with the upgraded screen and head unit. It's a 2019 and it looks like the dealer marks it up to match 2020 pricing...wow.

euser 01-22-2020 07:13 PM

I’m not a fan of the color, but imo over MSRP is robbery. I’m a fan of the ride though. My KDSS ORP that came with the black wheels for $39k + pro fox shocks that were ~$2k make a pro in my desired color for $41k pre tax. I liked the voodoo blue, but not $9k more like.

ForRun 01-22-2020 09:42 PM

Personally I wouldn't pay more than sticker. I know your dealer wouldn't care if you pass. I just looked and the closest from Chicago AG is up in Michigan. That said they could hold a 5k ransom for it and sell it within a week

Generalisimo 01-22-2020 10:04 PM

Umm, when you’re inside driving, you can’t really see what color it is! Oh yea, and it’s not gonna fix your ED either. In 18 months army green will be outta “fashion” and owned by guys who’ve never served in any branch of the military just like those feverishly buying them at any price now.......

papadop88 01-22-2020 10:34 PM

In Los Angeles, the going rate for the AG and almost any other color Pro is between $65-70K OTD. More money than brains out here in Candyland...

It's insane.

But as crazy as it seems, dealers get that price, especially for the AG. I do expect prices to come back down to earth in the next three months or so as the novelty and excitement starts to wear out.

DMC12Runner 01-22-2020 11:16 PM

Don't pay more than MSRP.

DAF54 01-22-2020 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baystate4Runner (Post 3429626)
If it's a blue colored one it isn't even a 2020 with the upgraded screen and head unit. It's a 2019 and it looks like the dealer marks it up to match 2020 pricing...wow.

Didn’t even realize it was a 2019. That is incredible.

On a side note, it pales in comparison to their Supra on display. It was some special edition I’d never heard of and was roped off like it was the Mona Lisa. It had one of the dealer’s little stickers too. “Dealer markup: $50,000.”

RusPro17 01-23-2020 12:18 AM

I paid msrp for my AG. I would not pay more. Just like i did for my 17 Pro. If I decide to trade it in 2 or 3 years I will get almost what I paid for just like my 17 Pro. The biggest advantage to owning a Pro the resale value. :rockon: