Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   3rd gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Anyone install the small fixed rear door glass themselves? (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/282153-anyone-install-small-fixed-rear-door-glass-themselves.html)

Capnemo 01-23-2020 01:51 PM

Anyone install the small fixed rear door glass themselves?

Some punk broke into my '97 Limited even though I left nothing visible and there was nothing to take. I got the new triangle glass piece from the dealer for $57 + tax. I am thinking some soapy water and a hot air gun I might be able to install myself, has anyone done this? the rubber does not seem dried out at all.

Left rear passenger door, the small fixed triangle glass aft in the door aft of the
sliding glass.

Thanks!

spartacus 01-23-2020 02:12 PM

Sucks; Couple of years ago had a similar breakin but was the rear passenger window. I replaced the window glass and took the door card out to vacuum broken glass .I think the track that separates the window from the triangle can be removed and then the pain pops'out of the moulding holding it to the sheet metal. There might be a breakdown pic in the fsm.

spartacus 01-23-2020 02:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Capnemo (Post 3430115)
Some punk broke into my '97 Limited even though I left nothing visible and there was nothing to take. I got the new triangle glass piece from the dealer for $57 + tax. I am thinking some soapy water and a hot air gun I might be able to install myself, has anyone done this? the rubber does not seem dried out at all.

Left rear passenger door, the small fixed triangle glass aft in the door aft of the
sliding glass.

Thanks!

This pic from the fsm might help.

UnderFire 01-23-2020 02:39 PM

He's got it right. I've done it a few times. You can get it in and out without taking the track out of its spot, but it's way easier to pop the inner door panel off and unscrew the track, then it just slides right out.

Sent from my JSN-L23 using Tapatalk

Capnemo 01-23-2020 04:22 PM

Thank you so much!