Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   3rd gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Tax refund maintenance advice (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/282471-tax-refund-maintenance-advice.html)

T4Rscott 02-01-2020 05:08 PM

Tax refund maintenance advice

With my tax refund coming soon, I have a list of maintenance and replacement items I need advice on.

With the money I am planning on doing the timing belt, water pump and all the necessary items while I’m in there.

What I need advice on is, should I replace my radiator since I’m into it? It’s the original to my 994r and I’ve been seeing some spots along the top crimp where there’s some white residue. There has been no appreciable coolant loss, no over heating. I went to a B&M transcooler almost 10 years ago. Should I do a pressure test, or just keep running it?

I’m tryin to conserve some money, as the jury is still out on a fuel pump, cranks longer than I like, but starts fine.

Any advice would be great!

Thanks,
Scott

Brian. 02-01-2020 06:07 PM

First... dude, you shouldn't be getting a "refund" bigger than what'll cover a pizza and 6-pack of beer. There's simply no reason to allow the Gov to have YOUR money at a zero percent interest loan. Just hate to see people not make the most of what little money they get.

Anyway, as for the radiator.. did you Bypass the oem radiator when you put in the trans cooler? If you didn't then replace the radiator, $100 vs $1000's if you pink-milkshake the transmission. Can't answer on testing the aux cooler, perhaps drop them a line (email or call) and ask if they recommend periodic testing and what that entails.

brillo_76 02-01-2020 09:04 PM

I would do the radiator as a good interval for them is 10 years. :)

Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk

spartacus 02-01-2020 09:46 PM

if you can you might also want to look into'champion all aluminium radiator.

jgue467 02-02-2020 08:19 AM

LBJs?

Got the other 'achilles' area handled already, the LBJs?

When those fail it is catastrophic, instant drop to the ground for front end. OEM are best and pricey yet shop around...

gamefreakgc 02-03-2020 01:24 AM

A new radiator after 21 years is cheap insurance for what could happen. I'd do it. It's not an "every 100K" item like the timing belt but 20+ years for a part with plastic that's under pressure is a good use of maintenance time & funds. Plus you'll be taking it out for the timing belt job anyway.

qweer 02-15-2022 01:41 PM

The tax system has tested my nervous system quite often. So far, I have not learned how to manage my taxes because there are too many of them. I try to look for information about it on the Internet, in articles, blogs, and so on, but it is difficult for me. The only useful option is youngandthrifty.ca which I discovered recently. I read a few articles on this site and realized that I had misunderstood the tax system and the financial industry in general. Now I want to learn more about it to understand financial matters better.

Romeo1 02-16-2022 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qweer (Post 3712459)
The tax system constantly confuses me.

I wished they made everyone have to cut a check every payday or monthly to uncle sugar instead of the scam of estimated withholdings…... We’d have a revolution before the end of the month……