Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   3rd gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   All pro UCAs questions (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/282546-all-pro-ucas-questions.html)

G_Raw 02-04-2020 10:37 AM

All pro UCAs questions

I have a 3inch OME lift on my 99. I extended sway links and pan hard as well. My UBJ appear maxed out now. I also get rub on the control arms at full tilt.

I'm chasing a clunk which I believe is either my ball joints maxed, or sway bar rubbing.

Either way with the rub I need to change my UCAs.

So my question is anyone run All Pro UCA with 285s, does it correct the rub issue once alignment is done?

Also will moving to the uniball design correct the ball joint maxed out issue?

Thanks in advance.

MattJakobs 02-04-2020 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G_Raw (Post 3436157)
I have a 3inch OME lift on my 99. I extended sway links and pan hard as well. My UBJ appear maxed out now. I also get rub on the control arms at full tilt.

I'm chasing a clunk which I believe is either my ball joints maxed, or sway bar rubbing.

Either way with the rub I need to change my UCAs.

So my question is anyone run All Pro UCA with 285s, does it correct the rub issue once alignment is done?

Also will moving to the uniball design correct the ball joint maxed out issue?

Thanks in advance.

I'm running the All Pro UCAs with 285s with no problems.

If you're rubbing on the UCA, it would be a combination of the UCAs and the BS on the wheels. The All Pro UCAs don't stick out as far as the OEM ones so I'm sure you'll have some help either way. For reference, I'm currently on 16x8 Konigs with a 4.5" BS.

Since running the UCAs, my ride quality improved, alignment was fixed, and my travel was increased. Would recommend for sure.

G_Raw 02-04-2020 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattJakobs (Post 3436260)
I'm running the All Pro UCAs with 285s with no problems.

If you're rubbing on the UCA, it would be a combination of the UCAs and the BS on the wheels. The All Pro UCAs don't stick out as far as the OEM ones so I'm sure you'll have some help either way. For reference, I'm currently on 16x8 Konigs with a 4.5" BS.

Since running the UCAs, my ride quality improved, alignment was fixed, and my travel was increased. Would recommend for sure.

I'm running stock 5 stars wheel wise. I'm also armored and winched upfront if that factors into things. My UBJs are sitting at a pretty tweaked out angle too I noticed.