Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   4th Gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Door lock actuator and a missing beep! (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/282602-door-lock-actuator-missing-beep.html)

White4runner 02-05-2020 02:48 PM

Door lock actuator and a missing beep!

Hey all, I'm dumbfounded. I replaced my driver door actuator and it functions as expected. Problem is that when I lock it with the fob there's no more single "beep", but the doors definitely lock. Anyone have any ideas? I've searched exhaustively, but yet now I'm here. TYIA

Bob

lightfreak 02-05-2020 03:13 PM

Make sure all the interior door locks are unlocked fully, and then hit the button on the fob to lock them all. Then hit it again to unlock the driver door, then again to unlock all doors.

xtremewlr 02-05-2020 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White4runner (Post 3436926)
Hey all, I'm dumbfounded. I replaced my driver door actuator and it functions as expected. Problem is that when I lock it with the fob there's no more single "beep", but the doors definitely lock. Anyone have any ideas? I've searched exhaustively, but yet now I'm here. TYIA

Bob

I had this problem after replacing the door speakers. Had to reprogram the key fob to get the beep working again, even tho the locks would lock.

xtremewlr 02-05-2020 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lightfreak (Post 3436949)
Make sure all the interior door locks are unlocked fully, and then hit the button on the fob to lock them all. Then hit it again to unlock the driver door, then again to unlock all doors.

That doesn't fix the no beep issue. Been there, done that. Reprogram of the fobs is the only thing that fixed it.

White4runner 02-07-2020 05:33 PM

Thanks,

I should have been clearer. I had to reinstall the actuator, not actually replace it. If you have any further suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated.

White4runner 02-07-2020 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtremewlr (Post 3437156)
I had this problem after replacing the door speakers. Had to reprogram the key fob to get the beep working again, even tho the locks would lock.

I still have the two beeps when it unlocks. Doesn't make any sense to me. Then again, I'm not that bright.

xtremewlr 02-07-2020 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White4runner (Post 3438570)
I still have the two beeps when it unlocks. Doesn't make any sense to me. Then again, I'm not that bright.

Yup, exactly what I had. Standard 2 beeps on unlock. Lock was no beep but it would lock the doors. Didn't get the single beep back until I reprogrammed the remote again and it went back to normal.

White4runner 02-07-2020 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtremewlr (Post 3438580)
Yup, exactly what I had. Standard 2 beeps on unlock. Lock was no beep but it would lock the doors. Didn't get the single beep back until I reprogrammed the remote again and it went back to normal.

Awesome, thx. Never would have struck me since the unlock beeps are there. Appreciate it