Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   2021 Trail Editions (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/282632-2021-trail-editions.html)

mideastbeast61 02-06-2020 01:49 AM

2021 Trail Editions

I just saw these links go live! Looks like a money grab by Toyota... but also I don’t know why I don’t hate it. Might sell pretty well

Toyota Brings Back Trail Edition for 2021 4Runner, Tacoma, Tundra

ForRun 02-06-2020 02:00 AM

Looks like a 2020 venture model. I think it's a Yakama rack. Nothing really new?

JsinLegacy 02-06-2020 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForRun (Post 3437432)
Looks like a 2020 venture model. I think it's a Yakama rack. Nothing really new?

Based off the SR5 models. Only 4000 4Runners made. Has the Yakima basket and comes with a cooler.

Also available in Army Green, Cement, Midnight Black, and Super White.

Nothing too exciting, nice that you can get some of the trd pro colors with it though.

00Sebby 02-06-2020 02:15 AM

Nice colors but none of the old Trail Edition substance in terms of off-road modes, locking diff, etc. I will stick with my ORP that I ordered.

onaquest 02-06-2020 03:00 AM

"The 4Runner Trail has 17-inch dark gray TRD wheels, a Yakima LoadWarrior rooftop cargo basket, and a custom 40-quart cooler with a sliding trunk tray.

The 4Runner Trail's cooler can come color matched in Cement or Army Green, but on Midnight Black and Super White trucks, the cooler choice is Cement."

I do love oem+ items.

https://hips.hearstapps.com/hmg-prod...1580936755.jpg
https://hips.hearstapps.com/hmg-prod...1580936755.jpg

EZBR. 02-06-2020 03:44 AM

Sweeeeeet! Now i wont sound like an idiot when I tell people I drive a 2014 trail edition.... lol non toyota ppl are like "huh? what's that? I thought it was SR5, Limit or TRD"... lol

I'm really starting to dig the Yakima roof basket..... and the cooler is 'cool' :)

mynameistory 02-06-2020 04:21 AM

Just when you thought Toyota couldn't get any lazier.

houlds 02-06-2020 05:08 AM

Well things just got interesting with Toyota releasing Cement on the SR5 trim.

Space King 02-06-2020 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houlds (Post 3437465)
Well things just got interesting with Toyota releasing Cement on the SR5 trim.

I was thinking the same thing. I figure the next move will be to start calling the 2WD models the SR5 Trail Limited. "Because once you get it out on the trail... you'll find it to be quite limited."

Matze 02-06-2020 08:04 AM

good Job by the Toyota marketing department, now there is two trim lines that can’t offer much more but a great color.

SlickTRD 02-06-2020 08:16 AM

The Cement color will sell like hotcakes.

Mikey2020 02-06-2020 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickTRD (Post 3437482)
The Cement color will sell like hotcakes.

I agree cement will be a huge seller. Same with army green. Still no third row option I bet, since they all have the sliding cargo tray. Annoying.

Still crazy to me you cant get a third row throughout the trims. And now they finally have better colors in a trim you can get a third row, but still don't offer it.

I've been a Toyota fan boy for so long, but they are testing my patience with thier lack of innovation, and inability to configure vehicles the way you want.

IMO it would be the best thing ever for Toyota to make a legit Baja vehicle out of the 4runner, akin to the ford raptor with a performance engine. Trd pros are great, but a upgraded engine with them would be the perfect rig. Or I would just settle for a V8.

Matze 02-06-2020 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mynameistory (Post 3437459)
Just when you thought Toyota couldn't get any lazier.

Just you wait until the nature edition got released. With plenty of nothing special but a toilet seat for the hitch

progress4m 02-06-2020 10:36 AM

Toyota just trying to milk more money out the legendary, elusive and the only true “Trail” edition that were made in 2010-13… :peep:

I can not say I blame them as it is easy money… (there's a sucker born every minute) ... of course people who “know” will never try to compare it to the original one: "2010-13 Trail"… LOL…

DMC12Runner 02-06-2020 11:03 AM

Honestly, this annoys me to no end. We got an Army Green TRD Pro and waited 6 months to get it because it is the color my wife had to have. Plus, we thought it would be cool to have a rare color on a rare trim. WE certainly did not need a TRD Pro since she will never off-road it. I'm sure some Cement owners are annoyed too. I thought the TRD Pro for each year was exclusive to that trim only. Not anymore apparently. Proof Toyota knows they need a major update to their line when they start offering the exclusive colors on the lower trims. Dodge has done the same with their ancient Charger/Challenger. I wonder what the TRD Pro "exclusive color" will be for 2021. If you miss out, you'll be able to get it across the board for 2022...