Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Troubleshooting Side Mirror issues (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/282828-troubleshooting-side-mirror-issues.html)

groomezYK 02-10-2020 07:14 PM

Troubleshooting Side Mirror issues

1)I have a 2010 4Runner SR5. My driver side mirror does not defog/deIce. I have tried with rearwindow all the way up. The light on the button to activate it does work. I have seen a post on here on replacing the side mirror light bulb...and I assume this is a way to get to the innards. Does anyone have experience with this? Since the all other de-fog's work, I am assuming it is not the fuse.

2) My passenger side mirror does not move with controls. It does defog. Is this the same fuse? Have any of yall dealt with this before?

I will also check the fuses and get back to you. Okay, checked fuses...think there is only one for the outside rearview mirrors, its not the problem. Fuses are not the problem.

Thanks in advance.

groomezYK 02-14-2020 02:13 PM

Read a few more post on here, but seems like two separate problems. Thought I would bump it because I'm at a loss.

Mutant138 02-14-2020 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by groomezYK (Post 3442818)
Read a few more post on here, but seems like two separate problems. Thought I would bump it because I'm at a loss.

Have you modified the electrical system on your truck at all?

97BlackAckCL 02-14-2020 03:41 PM

The defroster connection is very crappy, if you've popped your mirrors off even once there's a possibility that it came loose. All you have to do is pop the mirror off it's 4 clips to check the wire

groomezYK 02-25-2020 04:12 PM

I had an aftermarket remote start alarm installed, and a backup camera. Those are the only electrical-related changes I have made.

I bought it used, and I never removed the mirrors, but I will take a look behind them and see how the defrost connection looks. Ill post pictures too. Thanks all!!!

Boston4RunR 01-09-2024 11:50 AM

Are there any updates regarding this issue? I notice my passenger was working fine, but the driver side is not working either. No mods to my truck, its completely stock.

Firesq14 01-11-2024 07:50 PM

The heating element may be burnt out on the mirror. As far as the mirror not moving, I run into that from time to time too, most likely lack of use. When I have to adjust the drivers once in awhile I push down on it while toggling too and it works fine.