Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   4th Gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Torque pro and PIDs for 4th gen 4runners (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/283198-torque-pro-pids-4th-gen-4runners.html)

SR502JAI 02-19-2020 12:37 AM

Torque pro and PIDs for 4th gen 4runners

Good evening T4R.org,
Looking for some wisdom on those of you that know about PIDs and the torque pro App.
Looking to see if there is a PID for the fuel level for the 4th gen 4runner. My fuel gauge isn't working. So i decided to buy a bluetooth obd2 by xtrons (since down the road I will get their android head unit) and get the torque pro app.
I downloaded the custom PIDs provided on the 4th gen forum from a member and some seem to work but the one I'm interested in (Fuel level) is not working. Is this due to me needing to drive and top off and drive again so it can calculate the Fuel Level in adjacent to vehicle info?
Or is their an equation that I need specifically for the 4th gen? The one provided that I downloaded from the 5th gen forum was equation A*500 / 3785.
Any help from those who have been using torque pro app and have knowledge help would be greatly appricated!!!. Thanks in advance!

SR502JAI 02-20-2020 12:11 AM

so im guessing no one uses the torque pro app or knows what PIDs are?

UnJeep 02-20-2020 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SR502JAI (Post 3445997)
so im guessing no one uses the torque pro app or knows what PIDs are?

I use it and use pids for trans temp. It's been a while since I set it up. What is the exact "formula" you are trying? I'll set it up on mine to see if I get a reading. Maybe its not working because the tank sensors are shot?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

4RunnerAquasport 02-20-2020 09:48 AM

I think initially the pids were hacked by the Prius crowd. The 3rd gen was released in 2010 along with the 5th Gen T4R and some the 4Runner guys tried and the prius pids worked.

I have not messed with fuel data, but on my 5th gen I was able to read torque converter and pan temps, not so on my 4th gen. No converter temps just the pan temps. The Torque pro app doesn't show that sensor in the 4th gen lineup, and I couldn't find a supporting pid for that sensor.

There was a theory that the 2nd gen prius pids might work on the 4th gen, but I couldn't find anything definitive and no pdfs after a few hours of search. Might be your only option is browsing the forums for the prius or other Toyota models in the 4th gen model year range. Keep us posted and Good Luck!

alia176 02-20-2020 01:57 PM

I'd like to see the Tranny temp since I tow regularly. I'll do a search to see what comes up but if anyone has any leads, please post up here.

Thank you.

SR502JAI 02-20-2020 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnJeep (Post 3446004)
I use it and use pids for trans temp. It's been a while since I set it up. What is the exact "formula" you are trying? I'll set it up on mine to see if I get a reading. Maybe its not working because the tank sensors are shot?

The "formula" that was produced by the Prius crowd as @4RunnerAquasport had mentioned was A*500 / 3785 which i believe seems maybe a bit too simple? Ive been using the Vehicle Info Fuel remaining display and it works alright but every time i fuel up i have to go back and reset the % to 100, idk why my fuel sensors would be shot, my range reads "correct in the HVAC screen, but my needle will only go half way every single time

SR502JAI 02-20-2020 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4RunnerAquasport (Post 3446162)
I think initially the pids were hacked by the Prius crowd. The 3rd gen was released in 2010 along with the 5th Gen T4R and some the 4Runner guys tried and the prius pids worked.

I have not messed with fuel data, but on my 5th gen I was able to read torque converter and pan temps, not so on my 4th gen. No converter temps just the pan temps. The Torque pro app doesn't show that sensor in the 4th gen lineup, and I couldn't find a supporting pid for that sensor.

There was a theory that the 2nd gen prius pids might work on the 4th gen, but I couldn't find anything definitive and no pdfs after a few hours of search. Might be your only option is browsing the forums for the prius or other Toyota models in the 4th gen model year range. Keep us posted and Good Luck!

Gen2 Prius: Custom PIDs for Torque (Android App) with formulas | PriusChat

above is the Link to the Gen II Prius, maybe you can find something i couldnt? I tried looking for the trans temp as well for 4th gen but no luck yet.

4RunnerAquasport 02-20-2020 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SR502JAI (Post 3446387)
Gen2 Prius: Custom PIDs for Torque (Android App) with formulas | PriusChat

above is the Link to the Gen II Prius, maybe you can find something i couldnt? I tried looking for the trans temp as well for 4th gen but no luck yet.

I do remember finding those pids, but none of them seem to be of any benefit to us.

SR502JAI 02-20-2020 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4RunnerAquasport (Post 3446424)
I do remember finding those pids, but none of them seem to be of any benefit to us.

Yeah, going through them i found that none would help with our 4th Gens, i just need some sort of path or gate way so i can come up with the formula, been researching the Prius forum for 2 straight days (even during work...) and no luck.
I wonder if an ultragauge would provide the values...

UnJeep 02-20-2020 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SR502JAI (Post 3446352)
The "formula" that was produced by the Prius crowd as @4RunnerAquasport had mentioned was A*500 / 3785 which i believe seems maybe a bit too simple? Ive been using the Vehicle Info Fuel remaining display and it works alright but every time i fuel up i have to go back and reset the % to 100, idk why my fuel sensors would be shot, my range reads "correct in the HVAC screen, but my needle will only go half way every single time

I'll test that formula this weekend. Although it does look a bit simple. If your HVAC display is working correctly, seems the sensors are ok.

UnJeep 02-24-2020 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnJeep (Post 3446742)
I'll test that formula this weekend. Although it does look a bit simple. If your HVAC display is working correctly, seems the sensors are ok.

Ok. So this equation is not for fuel level. A = -1. Therefore it returns 500 divided by 3785. Which is .1321... Multipled by -1. You end up with -.1321...

04rnr 07-10-2020 09:41 PM

Just got this app, got the OBD and paid for the app. WOOOW a little confusing lol.
My compass doesnt work but Ive got another app for that.
Trying to figure out the oil temp. trans temp.
I think the HP, Tq and MPG are working key word there is "think" lol

Any tips?
going wheeling tomorrow so Ill see lol

04rnr 07-11-2020 07:04 PM

I downloaded this on my tablet, the phone was to small lol..
How the heck to do I get the Engine oil to work? anyone know the PID?
Thanks in advance

cdoyle 08-06-2021 02:09 PM

Sorry for bumping an older thread, but I'm just now getting into this OBD stuff.
I've been searching all over, but haven't seen a yes/no type of answer if these are available or not for 4th Gens.

Trans Temp?
Oil Temp?
Fuel Level?
Fuel pressure?

If those are available does anyone know the PIDs that work for a 4th Gen?
I cant' seem to get any data on them using the ones from here:
OBD-II PIDs - Wikipedia