Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/off-topic/)
-   -   What are Your Mantras to Get You Through Anxiety, Panic, Stress or Despair? (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/off-topic/283261-what-your-mantras-get-you-through-anxiety-panic-stress-despair.html)

Freddie Moran 02-20-2020 06:03 PM

What are Your Mantras to Get You Through Anxiety, Panic, Stress or Despair?

Title says it all. Please, Dopers, share your words of wisdom.

Charlievee 04-26-2020 10:25 AM

"Combat breathing" or rhythmic breathing if you will. That and the basic understanding that one can't change what is happening, but you can alter how one deals with it.

minden4runner 06-16-2020 04:45 PM

Bad things do not happen to me. I happen to bad things!!!

rdruss 06-16-2020 06:29 PM

If you believe in God, pray to him, see Philippians 4:6,7 and Hebrews11:6.

JLofa 10-09-2020 11:05 PM

Life's a joke so might as well laugh

CajunMikeR 10-27-2020 09:24 AM

After spending nearly 4yrs deployed in the Middle East and then doing drug ops in Central & South America, I boiled it down to this...

There's nobody trying to kill me, so it's not that bad.

It all boils down to perspective. What most of us get anxiety over really isn't that bad in the grand scheme of things... but we let our mind trick us into believing it's worse than it is (partly because it's stemming from a part of the brain that deals with survival instinct, usually an overactive flight response). A judicious application of logic & reasoning, rather than clouding things with emotion and fear, taking an almost clinical approach from an outside perspective, is almost always the best way to approach a problem. Learning to separate your emotional side from your intelligence is the hard part, but it can be trained.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

RichinRidgewood 10-30-2020 08:33 PM

“It’s 5 o’clock somewhere”

UpDog 11-07-2020 11:39 PM

This, too, will change.

Wild Thing 11-18-2020 10:52 PM

"Hell, son, you survived your ex. You can survive anything!"

Works every damn time.
:cheers:

scanny 11-25-2020 09:22 AM

Enjoy your life now, everything will be worse tomorrow: )

PC1978 11-29-2020 05:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
New Study Finds Motorcycle Riding Decreases Stress, Increases Focus | Cycle World

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Hrif0JVQxEo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bassturd 12-25-2020 04:42 PM

I ride my mountain bike!! I’ll pick my favorite black line and bomb down it as careless and reckless as possible. If I make it down unscathed all is well!!

Adesanja 01-06-2021 05:15 PM

There are tons of ways to calm down! Say, I like jogging or meditating. Recently get a lot of relief thanks to Dutch passion. If you have never met this word combination better google it. I get the products of Dutch passion at herbiesheadshop.

spartacus 01-06-2021 06:10 PM

Going out in the wilderness in my 4runners.

elsparkodiablo 10-22-2021 12:36 PM

I mostly try to do deep calming breaths. If it's not an emergency I'll use exercise / exertion to try to destress if possible - anything I can turn my mind off for