Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   2019 Offroad suspension compatible on 2016 4wd limited? (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/283618-2019-offroad-suspension-compatible-2016-4wd-limited.html)

Mastr_chief 03-02-2020 12:01 PM

2019 Offroad suspension compatible on 2016 4wd limited?

Hello all -

Any idea if the 2019 offroad OEM suspension work on a 2016 4wd limited? I know the limited has the XREAS, but not sure if it plays a factor or not.

Thanks guys

Grug556 03-02-2020 01:03 PM

Step 1...look at XREAS on truck..see how its shit
Step 2.... drink heavily..while preparing for what comes next
Step 3..take bolt cutters and cut those hardlines and rip that POS system right off the truck

Step 4...install KINGs or similar and enjoy.

dktxt4r 03-02-2020 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mastr_chief (Post 3451871)
Hello all -

Any idea if the 2019 offroad OEM suspension work on a 2016 4wd limited? I know the limited has the XREAS, but not sure if it plays a factor or not.

Thanks guys

If you want to change out the suspensions on the Limited, you're going to have to take out X-REAS. There is a way to keep the system intact when taking it off. There really isn't really a market for used X-REAS so I just had it gutted out and replaced. From my understanding, even a little loss of fluid from the system will make it useless. I also have a 2016 Limited.

llDemonll 03-02-2020 01:33 PM

XREAS is better than a standard shock if you don't have KDSS to go with it.

Only reason for replacing XREAS is if you're getting a nicer aftermarket suspension, not an OEM take-off from an Off-Road model.

tm965 03-02-2020 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by llDemonll (Post 3451950)
XREAS is better than a standard shock if you don't have KDSS to go with it.

Only reason for replacing XREAS is if you're getting a nicer aftermarket suspension, not an OEM take-off from an Off-Road model.

very much this. do not bother putting a stock OR suspension on a limited. so many better options out there ranging from inexpensive to mucho dinero

Mastr_chief 03-02-2020 04:33 PM

Thanks for the info guys. I'm actually just trying to sell my somewhat used shocks on NextDoor. I've already upgraded my shocks and coils.

The guy that's interested is wondering if it'll fit on his '16 Limited. I'm basically just doing his homework...

llDemonll 03-02-2020 05:24 PM

To start, don't guarantee anything. Just say you're not sure. Otherwise he's going to come back later and ***** and moan at you when he finds out he has to remove all his suspension and cut it up in the process.

Just say something along the lines of "I'm not certain if they will just bolt right up but I know aftermarket kits use the same parts for the Off-Road and the Limited models"

Bumbo 03-02-2020 06:01 PM

It should be compatible, but the standard shock to replace the XREAS would be a downgrade. It would be silly to try and pawn them off to your neighbor unless he was trying to fix a problem.

The only time I would pull off XREAS would be because its leaking or to upgrade/lift.

niadh0 03-02-2020 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mastr_chief (Post 3452094)
Thanks for the info guys. I'm actually just trying to sell my somewhat used shocks on NextDoor. I've already upgraded my shocks and coils.

The guy that's interested is wondering if it'll fit on his '16 Limited. I'm basically just doing his homework...

it will fit as long as you take out x-res. i also recommend change the matching rear coils. saying this because i put TRDFox set on my wife's 2010 Limited when one of her rear x-res needed to be replaced.

BUT like the others said, why should someone get rid of 2016 x-res and go with basic stock suspension... unless of course the buyer has x-res gone bad and doesn't want to spend the money to replace with equivalent or better after market. if so, the buyer might gain a bit of eight as i believe that the OffRoad shocks are a bit taller than the x-res

Mastr_chief 03-03-2020 12:14 PM

Yeah, he said his shocks were shot. I let him know upfront what you guys basically told me here.

Thanks again.