Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Keep vs sell stock OFP wheels? (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/283693-keep-vs-sell-stock-ofp-wheels.html)

TXS171 03-04-2020 12:33 AM

Keep vs sell stock OFP wheels?

I switch my OFP wheels with TRD Pro wheels and they're sitting in my apartment. Some people are saying I should keep them in case I was snow tires (I live in Texas). But at the moment I rent an apartment and don't have a garage to store wheels/tires.

Currently selling the wheels for $450. Do you guys think that's a good price to sell or should I just hold on to them? TIA

bamma 03-04-2020 01:32 AM

Sell. You have nowhere to store. If you decide you want a set, buy some. Better than paying for storage...

Diablo6 03-04-2020 10:25 AM

where in Texas? I know a good bit of folks lurking the forums are looking for single OR wheels to use with their spare.

jl95338 03-04-2020 06:06 PM

Same boat here. I’m selling. Mine are the 20” Nightshade OEM. Not sure what to sell them for

Walletclan 03-04-2020 06:14 PM

I pulled mine off with less than 100 miles and sold them with tires the same day.

There are plenty of interested buyers at the right price. $600-$800 for wheels and tires seems to be the market.

jimmied 03-04-2020 07:20 PM

I wish you were closer. Would not mid the 20” night shades on my truck.

Bumbo 03-04-2020 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diablo6 (Post 3453067)
where in Texas? I know a good bit of folks lurking the forums are looking for single OR wheels to use with their spare.

Personally I would never break up a set because it becomes REALLY hard to sell the rest.

That said, I absolutely love getting a matching spare. I got a couple OEM sets and each set has 5 matching rims which help my OCD lol.

Bumbo 03-04-2020 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TXS171 (Post 3452971)
I switch my OFP wheels with TRD Pro wheels and they're sitting in my apartment. Some people are saying I should keep them in case I was snow tires (I live in Texas). But at the moment I rent an apartment and don't have a garage to store wheels/tires.

Currently selling the wheels for $450. Do you guys think that's a good price to sell or should I just hold on to them? TIA

I would be inclined to keep it, but if you have storage issues I can see that becoming a problem.

I actually like the OEM wheel… one its quality OEM gear, but mainly because you can get factory rims pretty cheap. I got a set of 5 matching FJ rims for $300

I maintain two sets, one for off-road. If you need it for a dedicated set of snow tires I’ve seen some people come up with creative solutions to store a seasonal set.

Rig4CAB 03-04-2020 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TXS171 (Post 3452971)

Your price seems fair to me, but only the market will let you know. Check craigslist to see what others are asking. I swapped out my ORP OEM wheels/tires, and I've seen them on CL anywhere from $750 to $1300. I started mine at $1000 and got no interest, and would be happy now if I got $750.
Initially I thought about keeping them so I would have a street set and
an off road set, but I decided against it for 2 reasons - I like the look of the new set much better, and I don't want the hassle of swapping them every time I want to go out to the desert.
Stack 'em up, throw a sheet over them, and use them as an end table in your living room! :)

Bumbo 03-04-2020 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rig4CAB (Post 3453417)
Stack 'em up, throw a sheet over them, and use them as an end table in your living room! :)

Wouldn't be the first time I saw it done.

https://i.imgur.com/R4JC62H.jpg?1

pableaux 03-04-2020 09:51 PM

What's OFP?

Bumbo 03-04-2020 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pableaux (Post 3453449)
What's OFP?

Its most likely a type-o. Should be ORP – Off Road Premium

nm_t4r 03-04-2020 10:13 PM

I recently bought a set of 4 ORP very clean takeoffs from a 2018 4Runner locally (NM) for $300 on Craigslist. There are currently 2 more sets - 1 @ $400 and the other @ $750. Both have been advertised for a while. I'm looking for a single wheel as a spare.

RusPro17 03-04-2020 10:28 PM

I’m removing my 2020 Pro wheels. And adding SCS wheels. But I have somewhere to keep them. I think it better to keep them especially if you bought your 4runner brand new. If you trade it in you will wish you kept them. It just my opinion. Past experience. Unless you want the extra money:

DAF54 03-05-2020 12:11 AM

I’ve been looking for an extra set to mount up some off-road tires. Can store them in basement and throw them on when we want to hit the trails.