Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Toytec HD on TRD pro (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/283870-toytec-hd-trd-pro.html)

bigair96 03-08-2020 10:08 PM

Toytec HD on TRD pro

Anyone running the toytec superflex hd on trd pro bilstein suspension? The toytec trd pro 2 inch lift comes with the standard superflex springs. I talked to toytec and they discourage unless constant weight in the rear, i.e. steel bumper.

So anyone doing it and can give input?

I have a third row, plate in back, fridge slide and surround, arb roller floor, and recovery gear boxes all the time. Gobi rack, sliders, full skids. Sits fairly level. Full overland packing (fridge) and hitch tire carrier gives some reverse rake. Would be ok with a little rake at baseline and level fully loaded.

Thanks.

MillerPKA 03-10-2020 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigair96 (Post 3455343)
Anyone running the toytec superflex hd on trd pro bilstein suspension? The toytec trd pro 2 inch lift comes with the standard superflex springs. I talked to toytec and they discourage unless constant weight in the rear, i.e. steel bumper.

So anyone doing it and can give input?

I have a third row, plate in back, fridge slide and surround, arb roller floor, and recovery gear boxes all the time. Gobi rack, sliders, full skids. Sits fairly level. Full overland packing (fridge) and hitch tire carrier gives some reverse rake. Would be ok with a little rake at baseline and level fully loaded.

Thanks.

I would go with the HDs. You have enough weight back there that it should be fine. Expect rake when unloaded and level when loaded down.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hayali (Post 3456186)
I've been lifting toys for 30+yrs, about 10 years ago I never lift anything without UCA'S since

That...didn't answer the question. Like at all.

nickpsomas 03-11-2020 03:15 PM

If you're looking for an adjustable custom drop in solution, Eibach just released an adjustable rear coilover conversion. You can pick spring rate based on your weight and dial in your height.

Rear Height Adjuster [10+ 4-Runner] – Peak Suspension

mteolus 03-11-2020 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickpsomas (Post 3456838)
If you're looking for an adjustable custom drop in solution, Eibach just released an adjustable rear coilover conversion. You can pick spring rate based on your weight and dial in your height.

Rear Height Adjuster [10+ 4-Runner] – Peak Suspension

That's pretty cool.

bigair96 03-14-2020 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MillerPKA (Post 3456195)
I would go with the HDs. You have enough weight back there that it should be fine. Expect rake when unloaded and level when loaded down.

That...didn't answer the question. Like at all.

Thanks, yea I am leaning that way. Its not my daily, so it doesnt get a ton of miles. If it wears out the rear shocks quicker, then it will be time to upgrade the shocks, but just upgrading the rear springs will save me a decent amount for now and hopefully get me the ride height I'm looking for without swapping out the whole suspension (trying to hold off as its been great so far).

Sundy 03-14-2020 12:42 PM

The dobinsons variable rate coils seem like they could be a good option for you? They do add 3" but have one for no weight added, 400lbs, 700lbs etc.

bigair96 03-14-2020 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundy (Post 3458147)
The dobinsons variable rate coils seem like they could be a good option for you? They do add 3" but have one for no weight added, 400lbs, 700lbs etc.

3 inches would be too much for the bilstein. The toytec HD are 2.5 inches assuming a certain amount of weight.

doctorres112 03-14-2020 09:37 PM

I have a set of toytec HD rear springs for sale. They are rated @ 200lbs, I needed more support so I swapped them out. I used them for ~2k miles. Let me know if your intereted.

-Chris