Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Early 5th Gen Blitz Bumper NOW AVAILABLE! (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/284213-early-5th-gen-blitz-bumper-now-available.html)

Victory 4x4 03-20-2020 09:52 AM

Early 5th Gen Blitz Bumper NOW AVAILABLE!

1 Attachment(s)
We are very close on a Blitz Bumper for the early 5th gens! It will be available in steel or aluminum, with or without a bull bar. I will have more pictures later today/next week!

llDemonll 03-20-2020 11:27 AM

Curious what this will look like on a Trail trim and how much cutting will be required to fit it. The bottom angles look like they might be difficult to try and cut accurately (versus the C4 bumper which is just a straight vertical cut if that makes sense).

Excited that there will be another low-profile option for the 10-13 models!

Sundy 03-20-2020 11:34 AM

Not an early gen owner but I love the looks of this bumper! Great job!

Victory 4x4 03-20-2020 11:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by llDemonll (Post 3460656)
Curious what this will look like on a Trail trim and how much cutting will be required to fit it. The bottom angles look like they might be difficult to try and cut accurately (versus the C4 bumper which is just a straight vertical cut if that makes sense).

The cut is still vertical (follows the body line in the lower center portion). The edges of the bumper extend out a small amount so the face of the bumper sits in front and completely covers the cut.

llDemonll 03-20-2020 02:14 PM

Oh, nice - that's super easy

Victory 4x4 03-20-2020 02:58 PM

3 Attachment(s)
No tube is done! Tube version is in powder coat now.

beamer4prez 03-20-2020 03:48 PM

Okay, yea, I'm going to need one of these.

Victory 4x4 03-20-2020 05:20 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here is the bull bar option!

Pathfinder! 03-20-2020 05:33 PM

I like the look of this but I think I'll need a full bumper replacement as I've already mashed mine into rocks and stumps and that hanging plastic is a menace.

Rack 03-20-2020 05:50 PM

I'm trying to imagine what it would look like with color matching.

blksubykid 03-20-2020 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by llDemonll (Post 3460656)

Looking at the photos, it doesn't look like it would work with the Trail editions due to their additional trim over the bumper.

blksubykid 03-20-2020 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Victory 4x4 (Post 3460667)
The cut is still vertical (follows the body line in the lower center portion). The edges of the bumper extend out a small amount so the face of the bumper sits in front and completely covers the cut.

The Trail editions have an additional trim on top of the bumper. So I would assume they would have to lose that piece for this to work?

RedST4R 03-23-2020 01:31 PM

It looks great! Nice to see another option for early 5th gens.

llDemonll 03-23-2020 02:02 PM

Really glad you guys posted a side profile showing clearance and that the bumper won't rub on the stock bumper cover and wear away paint or anything.

i don't think a trail bumper will be any issue, though it'll definitely be harder to cut clearance for

Victory 4x4 03-23-2020 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by llDemonll (Post 3461930)
Really glad you guys posted a side profile showing clearance and that the bumper won't rub on the stock bumper cover and wear away paint or anything.

i don't think a trail bumper will be any issue, though it'll definitely be harder to cut clearance for

We have not yet had a Trail in the shop, does the Trail just have an additional valence that is removable?