Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   To Buy or Not to Buy (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/284435-buy-not-buy.html)

coffenut 03-28-2020 11:53 AM

To Buy or Not to Buy

I am so very torn right now.

I am in the market for a 2020 ORP (Blue) and I suspect that there may be some very good deals to be had out there. However, who knows what state my employment will be in the next couple of months.

So I am torn between trying to get the best possible deal and being responsible.
Arrrrgh. I hate being an adult.

rushrunner 03-28-2020 03:03 PM

Buy! Win for you. Win for the sales person.

Jsch222 03-28-2020 03:08 PM

See why the April incentives are. Nobody is buying cars right now. There will be good deals available and likely 0% financing with interest rates so low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coffenut 03-28-2020 03:30 PM

0% financing is what I am really hoping for. Of course, as soon as I buy, I'll lose my job (I'm the person Murphy interviewed for his laws). <G> But you're right .... April incentives might be worth waiting for especially as I do not HAVE to buy a new car.

rushrunner 03-28-2020 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jsch222 (Post 3463990)
See why the April incentives are. Nobody is buying cars right now. There will be good deals available and likely 0% financing with interest rates so low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not true. We bought two last week.

2020 LTD for the wife
2020 CRV for my son

Best deals I ever got. I posted elsewhere on here.

LandCruiser 03-28-2020 04:27 PM

Buy now.

I doubt that the factories are running at anywhere near capacity right now and dealers are giving ridiculous deals on inventory so they can keep the lights on.

jmasse 03-28-2020 05:30 PM

I just bought a 2020 Off Road premium for $2000 below invoice and there's 1000 rebate as well. I had the same concerns but could not pass up the opportunity.

TRD Pro Dan 03-28-2020 08:29 PM

Not to be that guy, but these do hold their value really well. If you got a good enough deal and did lose your job (I sure hope you don’t), you could likely quickly sell it for nearly as much as you bought it. At least by me you can.

rushrunner 03-28-2020 08:36 PM

.....and if you do lose your job, you will look great driving from interview to interview. Also, back window down baby!!!!

Louisiana Overland 03-29-2020 06:05 AM

I have been looking for a second vehicle and am looking in particular at the Subaru Outback. Subaru has 0% for 63 months right now on the Outback. I was scouring used cars, but with that interest rate Im considering new. Id wait for better financing terms. 2-3% reduction in interest rate easily beats a $1k rebate.

osugsxr 03-29-2020 06:56 AM

If you have the savings in case you you're laid off go for it. As for the 0% financing if toyota offers it along with incentives I might consider it. The residual value on toyotas are excellent. Market hopefully has bottomed out but the covid-19 will take awhile to recover from. There will probably be more incentives / price drops on cars along with the 0% financing.
Next few years should be interesting for trucks and suvs. I'm waiting on either the bronco or next gen tundra. I would purchase now if there is a great deal on a gmc sierra 1500, tundra, or f150 raptor. We are probably a few months from it though till dealers need to sell.

Drobs 03-29-2020 08:02 AM

I'd wait a few more months for this pandemic to end but do keep an eye out for deals.

RichinRidgewood 03-29-2020 09:00 AM

IMHO

Money
Job
Truck
Good

No Money
No Job
Truck
Bad

Money
No Job
Truck
Depends

Money
No Job
No Truck
Good

rushrunner 03-29-2020 09:49 AM

Enjoy yourself. Jobs will come and go. At the end of the day, nobody really cares about you. Only you can make you happy. Get the truck.

:pop2:

delloro 03-29-2020 10:10 AM

I would wait at least a couple weeks, we are supposed to be looking at another month of this.

Let the screws tighten more on the dealers, and get a better idea about your job.