Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Did you pick your color? (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/284510-did-you-pick-your-color.html)

LandCruiser 03-30-2020 07:52 PM

Did you pick your color?

I ordered a red or black one, got a silver one.

Only car I ever got to choose the color on was my Macan.

dirtydurley 03-30-2020 08:24 PM

I wanted Cement but by the time I was ready to buy it was impossible to find since I didn’t order new from online or dealership. Other choices were white or Magnetic Gray Metallic but ended up with white. Probably a good thing with my car OCD and noticing every little scratch or mark on it [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zw470 03-30-2020 08:40 PM

Nope :nono:

Rack 03-30-2020 08:42 PM

Wanted blizzard pearl, Search for 6 months, drove to Las Vegas from LA, I didn't settle, got what I wanted. Been happy ever since.

Dillusion 03-30-2020 08:42 PM

Why in the hell would you take a color you did not want? Only thing I can see is if you needed a new vehicle yesterday.

thennen 03-30-2020 08:42 PM

I picked my blue one and happy about it.

JWM816 03-30-2020 08:50 PM

I have always picked the color of my car...weird not too. But I guess the cars I always wanted they had inventory of all colors. I did have to have my 4R sent for a couple towns over, but still the color I wanted.

euser 03-30-2020 09:03 PM

You always get to pick the color of your car, no one can take your money by force. Except the government.

ProfessorP 03-30-2020 09:35 PM

I wanted a silver TRD OR preferably with KDSS. Finding a 4x4 T4R in Florida is hard. Finding one with KDSS was near impossible. Seems like most 4Runners in Florida are SR5 2wd. Most dealers had never heard of KDSS. Took me expanding my search and I eventually found exactly what I was looking for in silver with KDSS.

02SE 03-30-2020 09:42 PM

I've chosen the color of every vehicle I've ever bought.

83Mule 03-30-2020 09:43 PM

I have never bought a vehicle unless it is EXACTLY the one I want......over 50+ vehicles and I will order it and wait before compromising. :gun5:

LandCruiser 03-30-2020 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillusion (Post 3465108)
Why in the hell would you take a color you did not want? Only thing I can see is if you needed a new vehicle yesterday.

There were 5 TE's available to SE Toyota February 2013 when I bought it in St Augustine. By the time the Silver one got to the dealership it was the last one that wasn't spoken for. The two that I had wanted without KDSS were already sold before I even filled out the dealer trade form.

So I got the silver KDSS TE that was brought over from Hollywood, FL. I drove it to LA last year to the other Hollywood almost 7 years later.

Dynamo 03-30-2020 10:01 PM

Yes. Went to my dealer because online they were showing that they had a red '19 TRD ORP just like I wanted but when I got there they said it had been sold already. I asked them to find me another and they did. Brought it down from Grapevine the next day. This was right at the end of December so the pickings was getting slim. I lucked out.

ScoMey 03-30-2020 10:27 PM

I ordered my '14 in early October of '13, when the first ones were just landing in port... wanted red, and got red by dealer trading within their allocation with another dealer. Really wanted tan interior... but my now ex-wife wanted black inside... so we got black interior. In hindsight... should have held my ground. Live and learn. :argue:

jtgrinsell 03-30-2020 10:45 PM

I was at the dealer about to get a 2020 ORP in Super White but I didn't want the KDSS, so they told me I could pick any color I wanted and they'd get it from a different dealership. I wasn't 100% sure I'd want Classic Silver but I am extremely happy with it now that I chose it.