Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   3rd gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   3G4R Rear Coils Longer Travel Needed (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/284700-3g4r-rear-coils-longer-travel-needed.html)

JohnnyRingo 04-05-2020 12:41 PM

3G4R Rear Coils Longer Travel Needed

Building 97 Rock Crawler - with. 1”-4” Coil Overs In the front. Rear has Toytec Bilsteins 33-187174 2" Lift shocks which are going to spit my OME 890 spring out on the ground.

I need some springs that have a lot more travel. Read about LC coils for about 5 days now.

I’d like to get a new set of these that will give me 4” of lift in the rear and the travel needed or something similar.

Part numbers or websites to purchase from would be greatly appreciated.

StockyStock 01-15-2023 10:28 AM

Super late, but for any wayward travelers such as myself that find themselves here: there are multiple land cruiser front coils that work with the back of a 3rd gen. 8 wraps, which I have, netted me 6-7" of lift. I believe there is a 7 wrap that would be a little lower. The 80 series coils ride insanely nice but I have noticed that my pinion angle is not great and the height causes braking to pull, due to bad geometry at that height.

Also of note, I wouldn't recommend anything higher than 2.5" of lift. Obviously with heavy duty front coils, the front will left higher without weight, so be sure that you're at 2.5" when youve got whatever you're rocking installed already. Anything above eats CV boots and wears the lower ball joints very quickly (which is not good for peace of mind). Hopefully you found your answers elsewhere 3 years ago

Rushthezeppelin 01-19-2023 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StockyStock (Post 3779238)
Super late, but for any wayward travelers such as myself that find themselves here: there are multiple land cruiser front coils that work with the back of a 3rd gen. 8 wraps, which I have, netted me 6-7" of lift. I believe there is a 7 wrap that would be a little lower. The 80 series coils ride insanely nice but I have noticed that my pinion angle is not great and the height causes braking to pull, due to bad geometry at that height.

Also of note, I wouldn't recommend anything higher than 2.5" of lift. Obviously with heavy duty front coils, the front will left higher without weight, so be sure that you're at 2.5" when youve got whatever you're rocking installed already. Anything above eats CV boots and wears the lower ball joints very quickly (which is not good for peace of mind). Hopefully you found your answers elsewhere 3 years ago

How the hell did you get that much out of 8 wraps? I got 3.5" from my 8 wraps. What's you flare to center axle measurement?

StockyStock 01-19-2023 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rushthezeppelin (Post 3780000)
How the hell did you get that much out of 8 wraps? I got 3.5" from my 8 wraps. What's you flare to center axle measurement?

27" flare to hub. iirc. I have no rear bumper, no tow hitch providing like, no weight in the rear to pull it back down. It was a lot more reasonable when I had a swingout/bumper. 6? it's been way too long to remember where I started. My rear axle turned in corners for my own version of Nissan's HICAS.

rickashay 01-20-2023 04:33 PM

You should visit this thread:

**Rear Coil Spring Discussion - The Perfect 3rd Gen Rear Spring**

All depends how much weight you want to carry and how high you want the rear to sit. I still think there is a hole in the market for rear springs - I'd kill for a slinky long travel rear spring that has OME 890 load capacity but sits at 2"-2.5" of lift.

I've had LC 7, 8, 9 wraps. My last truck was about 4" lift with 7 wraps unloaded with a light drawer setup, fridge slide, and Eimkeith rear bumper. It would squat 0.5-0.75" with the cargo area loaded for a weekend of camping.