Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   3rd gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Another lc80 question (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/284769-another-lc80-question.html)

T4Rchadly 04-07-2020 01:30 AM

Another lc80 question

who here runs Sonoran steel LC80 coils (48131-6A570) x2? do you have driver side lean??

who here runs both the driver AND passenger coils?? (48131-6A570) WITH (48131-6A480) looking for pictures if possible i cant seem to find any. i want the 570 coils but just worried about the driver side lean and wondering if i should also get the driver side coil too.

rexassian 04-07-2020 10:40 AM

I have the coils in the 1.2 system and have the drivers lean. I thought it was just my personal issue and not a difference in coils (driver vs. pass). It's not terrible but I did ask Steve about it and he recommended the adjust the panhard length since I was having issues fitting the bar at the recommended length, it was too short for me. However, after adjusting, I still had lean so I've ordered the trim packer insert to help adjust.

I was also thinking at some point to relocate the fuel tank to the rear which should help with the weight distribution...

Bad Luck 04-07-2020 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T4Rchadly (Post 3468799)
who here runs Sonoran steel LC80 coils (48131-6A570) x2? do you have driver side lean??

who here runs both the driver AND passenger coils?? (48131-6A570) WITH (48131-6A480) looking for pictures if possible i cant seem to find any. i want the 570 coils but just worried about the driver side lean and wondering if i should also get the driver side coil too.

I would use trim packers rather than trying to use shorter/longer springs to compensate. Different loads may cause it to lean the opposite way with a shorter/longer spring setup. Trim packers will allow you to dial it in more accurately.

T4Rchadly 04-07-2020 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rexassian (Post 3468882)
I have the coils in the 1.2 system and have the drivers lean. I thought it was just my personal issue and not a difference in coils (driver vs. pass). It's not terrible but I did ask Steve about it and he recommended the adjust the panhard length since I was having issues fitting the bar at the recommended length, it was too short for me. However, after adjusting, I still had lean so I've ordered the trim packer insert to help adjust.

I was also thinking at some point to relocate the fuel tank to the rear which should help with the weight distribution...

yeah thats what i was thinking. i have the lil skips gas tank skid too so i think it'd lean even more for me is why i was thinking about the other side of the spring