Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   beeping when vehicle turned off (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/284794-beeping-when-vehicle-turned-off.html)

supawabb 04-07-2020 07:37 PM

beeping when vehicle turned off

Give you my scenario... I go to the car wash. Pull into stall, turn off the runner, exit, and begin spraying it down with the wand. Problem is the vehicle then gives me intermittent beeps similar to when you get when the vehicle is running, and you exit the vehicle leaving it still running, and the fob gets out of range. This beeping will continue the entire time I am washing, then drying the vehicle., stopping once I get in and start it. Does this have anything to do with the alarm, the sensitivity?

03_4x4Runner 04-07-2020 09:11 PM

I see you have a Limited like mine. When I wash it if I leave the key fob in my pocket it will try to lock the doors and beep when I spray water on the door handle. I just move the fob out of range and it does not happen.

tyler2019 04-09-2020 08:32 AM

Happened to me once in my 2020 with remote entry. I had gotten out and left it in reverse. It was a loud beep - 4runner did not like that. Fortunately it was sitting in about a foot of snow so it didn't drive away on me.

Edit: also notice beeping if I open the door before turning it off.

daytonaviolet 04-09-2020 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supawabb (Post 3469152)
Give you my scenario... I go to the car wash. Pull into stall, turn off the runner, exit, and begin spraying it down with the wand. Problem is the vehicle then gives me intermittent beeps similar to when you get when the vehicle is running, and you exit the vehicle leaving it still running, and the fob gets out of range. This beeping will continue the entire time I am washing, then drying the vehicle., stopping once I get in and start it. Does this have anything to do with the alarm, the sensitivity?

what if you lock the truck as you exit before washing? does it still beep ?

supawabb 04-14-2020 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daytonaviolet (Post 3470087)
what if you lock the truck as you exit before washing? does it still beep ?

Yes.

Mudballz 04-14-2020 08:50 PM

That’s your wife’s recorder turning off:jaw:
Mike