Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   New Members (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/new-members/)
-   -   New member - Southern CA (OC) - 2018 SR5 4x2 Super White (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/new-members/284983-new-member-southern-ca-oc-2018-sr5-4x2-super-white.html)

RooRunner 04-12-2020 09:11 PM

New member - Southern CA (OC) - 2018 SR5 4x2 Super White

Hi Folks!

Been browsing for the past 1.5 years and really value the information/expertise found here. My wife and I bought a SR5 4x2 Sept 2018 and it has been a wonderful experience.

Tinkered with it a bit after work (automotive repair). Have done:

-Bilstein 5100s Front (first stage lift..I recall a 1.25" raise)
-Fox 2.0 IFP rear shocks (no lift)
-C4 rock sliders
-Victory4x4 Aluminum Front blitz bumper (removed their logo, lol)
-Black Oak 20" LED light bar in above-mentioned bumper
-Hitch-mounted Twistep for our dog, Ranger
-XPEL paint protection film (clear bra), front bumper, hood, mirrors, fenders
-TRD SEMA Gunmetal wheels with Toyo Open Country 265/70R17

Such a solid vehicle and feel privileged to own one of these. Always waving to other 4runner owners we see on the road. Not sure if they notice us or think we're crazy, haha. My wife daily drives it to work and we take it up to the mountains on weekends to get the dog into the snow (or tree dodging during the summer)

Things we're planning on doing next:
-285 tires around Volk TE37XT m-spec wheels (want more contact patch, willing to sacrifice on the pavement to helps us avoid getting stuck)
-rear bumper (likely Victory4x4) with ladder
-roof rack (not sure)

This is a bit lengthy for an introduction. If you've read this far I am flattered. Be safe out there and do hope to meet some of you soon :)

-=terry (plus Wifey and Ranger)

freak4life 04-13-2020 11:54 AM

Welcome from Phoenix, would like to see some pics. :)

KumaBiscuit91 04-13-2020 03:00 PM

Welcome! I'm still new myself but I can't wait to get tinkering on my 4runner.

IrishJohn 04-14-2020 05:55 PM

Originally from OC, as well, but temporarily located in the midwest. Bought my 2003 4Runner in SoCal and drove it out here.

hwnrunner 04-14-2020 11:28 PM

welcome! I'll be the guy, where's the pics?

RooRunner 04-19-2020 03:18 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the response/attention guys. Kind words from all and really hope to meet as many people on here as possible. In the meantime, hope everybody is doing well with their families/in good health.

I attached pictures. Let's see if this works.
Pic 1 - Aluminum Victory4x4 front bumper with Black OAK LED light bar.
Pic 2 - C4 Fabrications Rock Sliders. We powder coated them black with gray textured steps/plates
Pic 3 - Borla Type S exhaust - forgot to mention this on our list of changes. Nice peace, I consider it that "OEM+" upgrade.
Pics 4 & 5- White Sands New Mexico last August with the wolf pack.

Here we go!!

-=terry

sudokukami 04-22-2020 06:15 PM

Great looking car! I was very tempted to get a 5th gen. If you don't mind me asking, where were you guys in the second to last pic? Kind of reminds me of the roads leading up to Wrightwood.

RooRunner 04-24-2020 11:23 PM

Thanks for the compliments. We'd have totally bought a 4th gen 4runner if only I had seen the light so many years ago, lol. Just glad we got into a 4runner before TOyota goes turbo, etc. Who knows, hopefully they will not?

That second to last picture was White Sands, New Mexico. Family road trip August 2019. We do get up to the Big Bear area fairly regularly though, have once driven down the backside to Pioneertown. The extent of our offroading so far. Was fun though!!! Where abouts are you located sudokukami?

jackstraw252 04-27-2020 05:34 PM

Looking good. Welcome!

RooRunner 04-29-2020 10:59 PM

Thanks Jack! HOpe all is well with you over in VA. Beautiful part of the world and great people out there.

Cheers,

-=terry

cranknostart 04-30-2020 11:40 AM

Awesome! I'm from the same area. There are plenty of shops to choose from for upgrades.

RooRunner 04-30-2020 10:02 PM

In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, decided to pump some $ back into the economy today. I ordered H&R springs and phoned Total Chaos Fabrications and had an absolutely wonderful/epic conversation with a gentleman named Rob over there. Needless to say, placed an order for their poly pivot Upper Control Arm kit. I'm so excited.

Now I just need to fabricate a furniture ghillie suit to hide from my better half ;-)

-=terry

maximus95 05-01-2020 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RooRunner (Post 3481890)
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, decided to pump some $ back into the economy today. I ordered H&R springs and phoned Total Chaos Fabrications and had an absolutely wonderful/epic conversation with a gentleman named Rob over there. Needless to say, placed an order for their poly pivot Upper Control Arm kit. I'm so excited.

Now I just need to fabricate a furniture ghillie suit to hide from my better half ;-)

-=terry

Hello from SoCal! Just redid the springs on my second gen and I couldn't be happier. Beautiful car by the way :^)

RooRunner 05-03-2020 10:14 PM

Thanks @MAXIM um95! Looks like you're local. Very cool that you have a 2nd gen!! My sister-in-law has a 3rd gen. It's been in the family since it was new. I'm slowly starting to help her bring it back to life.

-=terry