Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   Engines / Suspension / Wheels / Tires / Audio / Accessories (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/engines-suspension-wheels-tires-audio-accessories/)
-   -   Will They Fit? 285/70R17 Tires and New Rims (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/engines-suspension-wheels-tires-audio-accessories/285328-will-they-fit-285-70r17-tires-new-rims.html)

otter7 04-23-2020 06:16 PM

Will They Fit? 285/70R17 Tires and New Rims

I have searched up and down this thread and cannot seem to find an answer to my questions so hopefully you all can help.

I have a 2020 4Runner ORP and am looking at getting the Bilstein 6112 for the front and 5160 for the rear and keeping stock rear coils. With that lift, i am looking to also upgrade my wheels: BF K02 285/70R17 tires with Fuel D600 Vector rims (17" x 8.5", +7 Offset, 6x139.7 Bolt Pattern, 108mm hub).

My question is - has anyone ran a 8.5"W wheel with a +7 offset on 285 tires? Did you have any rubbing issues? How did they look?

Bonus: Will the new set-up fit in the spare tire area underneath the 4R.

Dillusion 04-24-2020 12:48 PM

Wheel Offset Calculator

I get confused with all this offset and crap but most 285s rub something. My FNs -10mm offset rub the front fender had to do some plastic trimming.

otter7 05-02-2020 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillusion (Post 3478168)
Wheel Offset Calculator

I get confused with all this offset and crap but most 285s rub something. My FNs -10mm offset rub the front fender had to do some plastic trimming.

Thanks Dillusion. I ended up going with different rims - Method NV 305. I get them installed in a couple of weeks along with the 285 KO2s and they will need slight trimming, but should be great - and should fit in the spare tire area.

safdSA 05-04-2020 08:12 AM

Slightly off topic, why not get the rear springs too? I have the same set up and got their springs all around. It's not that much more $ and you'll have it all apart anyway. Rides SO much better than stock.
Good luck with the wheels, should look cool!

Timc03 05-04-2020 11:53 AM

I am running the method 305 NV's as well. I have bilstein 5100's all the way around and i just had to do minor trimming. You can get away without trimming if you wanted but you would just not want to turn your steering wheel all the way because it will rub a little. other than that its perfect. I am also running the firestone MT tires in a 285/70/17

otter7 05-04-2020 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by safdSA (Post 3483343)
Slightly off topic, why not get the rear springs too? I have the same set up and got their springs all around. It's not that much more $ and you'll have it all apart anyway. Rides SO much better than stock.
Good luck with the wheels, should look cool!

I was thinking about adding them as well, but from what i have researched on this forum, read, and heard from off-roading friends, unless you have the weight to help with the ride, upgraded springs at this point will ride rough. Since this is my daily commuter as well, i figured i'd wait until i have the added weight from sliders, rack, and skids until adding them.

otter7 05-04-2020 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timc03 (Post 3483443)
I am running the method 305 NV's as well. I have bilstein 5100's all the way around and i just had to do minor trimming. You can get away without trimming if you wanted but you would just not want to turn your steering wheel all the way because it will rub a little. other than that its perfect. I am also running the firestone MT tires in a 285/70/17

Nice Timc03. I spoke with the install guy and he is going to do minor trimming so should be all set.

Frodaddy 05-07-2020 12:42 PM

Just remember that 4 Runners do not have a very steep rake like a pickup truck does. 2.5" lift in the front will probably have you around 1" nose high. But that is the style in SoCal!

If you go with rear springs, run the Bilstien's standard rate, they do actually ride better than stock!

truc.karl 05-26-2020 11:01 PM

Post some pics when you are done installing your new wheels/tires. Fuel rims are a good choice. I like the style and color of their D600 Vectors.