Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Looking to Install B&M 70264 Transmission Cooler (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/285486-looking-install-b-m-70264-transmission-cooler.html)

c-dub716 04-27-2020 08:57 PM

Looking to Install B&M 70264 Transmission Cooler

I am about to install a transmission cooler and am requesting help identifying the inlet and outlet to/from the transmission and radiator. I have tried the method of starting the vehicle and shifting through gears and feeling the hoses, but living in Phoenix, both feel the same temp to me, which is hot. I have searched the forum and cannot come to a definite conclusion which line is the inlet and which line is the outlet. If anyone has some first hand experience I would greatly appreciate the advice. Thank you.

08TxRunner 04-27-2020 09:16 PM

This is a great thread for ATF exchange. Scroll down and there's a pic you need.

ATF Exchange (using the cooling line) - Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Arnezie 04-27-2020 09:41 PM

Are you bypassing or adding in addition too ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

c-dub716 04-27-2020 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 08TxRunner (Post 3479996)
This is a great thread for ATF exchange. Scroll down and there's a pic you need.

ATF Exchange (using the cooling line) - Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Thank you for the link!

c-dub716 04-27-2020 11:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arnezie (Post 3480007)
Are you bypassing or adding in addition too ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am adding it in addition to.

The photo I am attaching shows the idea of the route but not necessarily the location of the inlet and outlet on the radiator

c-dub716 04-28-2020 12:58 PM

Found a definitive answer

1 Attachment(s)
After much digging I came across this diagram attached. If you follow the hoses and look up part numbers you can determine the driver side nipple is the outlet (return line) and the passenger side nipple is the inlet (send line). I hope this helps anyone else looking for this information.

TheWraith 04-28-2020 01:35 PM

sub'ed