Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   New Tail Lights Eagle Eyes/Anzo (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/286022-new-tail-lights-eagle-eyes-anzo.html)

JustATallDude 05-12-2020 01:50 PM

New Tail Lights Eagle Eyes/Anzo

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Everyone!

I found these tail lights on another forum but I noticed no one had posted them on here so I just wanted to share another option we have! I bought them off of ebay here:

Set of Pair Eagle Eyes Black LED Taillights for 2014-2020 Toyota 4Runner | eBay

They were very easy to install and it reuses the wiring from the stock tail light. You only have to put in the reverse bulb. Seem to be very nice quality.

Here is a link I posted on reddit of how they look at night:
Somebody asked to see the signal light but I'''d figure I'''d show all the goods. Eagle eyes 5th gen tail lights for those who want to know : 4Runner

Only thing I wish I could do was make it so the brake light stays on then gets brighter when you hit the pedal and the turn signal to turn on sequentially but other then that I love them!

Sorry for the sideways picture I can't get it to rotate correctly.

jakerjac 05-12-2020 02:13 PM

Thanks for the photos! I noticed some photos on the other forum as well; some of them look like they have a clear housing, while others look like the housing is smoked. Could you confirm which one yours is?

JustATallDude 05-12-2020 02:20 PM

They are a clear housing at least the ones I have are

97BlackAckCL 05-12-2020 02:44 PM

I posted these 2 months ago actually lol

I love the look of them

krypto89 05-12-2020 03:08 PM

saw these too. i like them and the price is reasonable. still holding off a little bit to see if someone would manufacture something that doesn't look close to OEM. however, this one is the best so far...

Pkyaj 10-27-2020 02:08 PM

Does anyone know if these tail lights will work with the DD tail as turn mod?

4RunnerMurse 10-27-2020 02:56 PM

I don't see why not, you have to swap in your factory wiring harness anyways when installing these. But why would you want to? I have these installed and the new LED turn signals are sweet. They match the LED of the brake lights and is just overall a huge improvement over the stock lights.

rayofsi 10-27-2020 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pkyaj (Post 3560004)
Does anyone know if these tail lights will work with the DD tail as turn mod?

should work, the oem harness is transferred over to the eagle eyes.

but the top led which you can use as a extra backup lamp is blocked off for the current turn signal i believe, and you won't be able to put any bulbs in that socket.
i got too lazy to put my turn as tail in after i got the whole thing installed.

Mudballz 10-28-2020 08:39 AM

Do any of the group who have changed want to sell their stock taillights I’m interested
Mike

Lexington 06-03-2021 12:12 AM

Did you ever find a solution to have your break light on then get brighter when you step on the break?