Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   Off-Roading (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/off-roading/)
-   -   ARB bumper and smitty built winch (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/off-roading/286030-arb-bumper-smitty-built-winch.html)

3bears 05-12-2020 04:33 PM

ARB bumper and smitty built winch

looking...toying...with idea of getting the ARB 3423020 bumper. Ive already got the smitty winch ( just recently had another install idea in mind) . ARB will only say if "warns" will fit as that is what they sell and design around
the smitty built is a bit taller by dimensions
anyone put one into the ARB...cant find answer and the dealer that can supply the bumper does not know

ARB 3423020
smitty built X20 10k synthetic line # 98510

thanks

3bears 05-12-2020 10:37 PM

called ARB and no help...the guy said he had no idea and only recommends the warns at 9k pound pull

3bears 05-13-2020 12:10 AM

nice
a guy on youtube put a smitty built in exactly the bumper Im thinking of getting on his 3rd gen...so double bonus
problem...looking at instructions for new x20 winch...it cant be clocked the way it needs to be to have mounts at front instead of down.

turbodudey2 05-28-2020 03:06 PM

That is exactly the same bumper and winch that I currently have installed.

Everything fit with no issues.

It was easy to clock the Smittybilt X2O to have the mounting surface forward and the spool lock handle in a good location.

3bears 05-29-2020 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbodudey2 (Post 3496562)
That is exactly the same bumper and winch that I currently have installed.

Everything fit with no issues.

It was easy to clock the Smittybilt X2O to have the mounting surface forward and the spool lock handle in a good location.

thanks so much...great to hear...I have that exact wench but time got in a crunch.. too much fishing...repairs to house and other rigs...my oldest needs help with his charter boat is seward in a few weeks..( means lots of halibut and rock fish for my freezer for winter) got to run to the lower 48 in august..crap...wont explore as heavy as I wanted this summer...and have to miss out on a super nice fishing trip in august. pike on the upper yukon...crap crap crap..but will be back for moose hunt
so...bumper and winch have to just sit till fall... crap
but thanks for letting me know they fit

scshack 06-30-2021 03:10 AM

I bought this exact setup for my 3rd gen and will update the thread once I get it all installed and if any issues arise.