Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   3rd gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   OEM eBay Valve Cover Gasket Kits (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/286261-oem-ebay-valve-cover-gasket-kits.html)

RumHam26 05-18-2020 01:08 PM

OEM eBay Valve Cover Gasket Kits

I need to replace my VCGs, and am looking at the OEM kits some eBay users put together. Anyone have any experience with these? Some of the prices seem too good to be true, but claim and photograph all OEM parts.

New Valve Cover Gasket Set Truck 4Runner Tundra Tacoma Fits Toyota 3.4L V6 OEM | eBay for $33

GENUINE OEM TOYOTA VALVE COVER WASHERS GASKETS SPARK PLUG TUBE SEALS 5VZFE NEW | eBay for $29

TOYOTA OEM KP Complete Valve Cover Gasket Set Made in Japan & PCV Valve - Cam | eBay for $52 w/ PCV

I see other kits for almost $100 more. Thoughts?

turbodudey2 05-18-2020 01:46 PM

Here's a thread for you:

Valve cover gaskets replacement kit

Ishino Stone is the OEM for VC gaskets. The kit can be found online for around $60 or so.

Those eBay gaskets are definitely NOT OEM. Whether or not they are junk - who knows.

JRZEE2000TR4LTD 05-18-2020 02:21 PM

I recently got these

TOYOTA OEM KP Complete Valve Cover Gasket Set + (2) Intake Plenum Made in Japan | eBay

Seemed pretty good. Comes with the plenum gaskets you will need. If you were to buy all OEM from Toyota it would be around $125-140. And that's online from Camelback or Conicelli

RumHam26 05-18-2020 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbodudey2 (Post 3490843)
Here's a thread for you:

Valve cover gaskets replacement kit

Ishino Stone is the OEM for VC gaskets. The kit can be found online for around $60 or so.

Those eBay gaskets are definitely NOT OEM. Whether or not they are junk - who knows.

Thank you - unfortunately I can't find the Ishino kit in stock anywhere. Any leads?

RumHam26 05-18-2020 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRZEE2000TR4LTD (Post 3490877)
I recently got these

TOYOTA OEM KP Complete Valve Cover Gasket Set + (2) Intake Plenum Made in Japan | eBay

Seemed pretty good. Comes with the plenum gaskets you will need. If you were to buy all OEM from Toyota it would be around $125-140. And that's online from Camelback or Conicelli

Thanks! I'll check that out

RumHam26 05-18-2020 02:57 PM

Maybe this is the "Ishino Stone" kit now just branded at Stone?
New Stone Engine Valve Cover Gasket Set JVS10420 Lexus Toyota

turbodudey2 05-18-2020 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RumHam26 (Post 3490905)
Maybe this is the "Ishino Stone" kit now just branded at Stone?
New Stone Engine Valve Cover Gasket Set JVS10420 Lexus Toyota

It says right in the listing, "Stone is a brand of Corteco Ishino Corporation"

3bears 05-19-2020 12:18 AM

I used the Ishino over a year ago from previous thread recommendations.

RumHam26 05-21-2020 02:14 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I ended up going with this kit from Stone -

New Stone Engine Valve Cover Gasket Set JVS10420 Lexus Toyota | eBay

It seems to be the same Ishino Stone kit recommended above (and in other threads) that they used to sell on Amazon. Seems legit, made in Japan, all the right packaging etc. It came with the VC gaskets, the 16 washers, the 6 spark plug tube seals, 2 cam plugs, and the PCV grommet. Had to order plenum gaskets and PCV valve separately. Not bad for ~$60.

The Stone part # for the kit is JVS10420. Hope it all fits. Here's what showed up

Thanks for the suggestions!

[email protected] 05-28-2020 12:36 AM

Advice on tracing a leak

3 Attachment(s)
Hey guys,

Was hoping for some advice in tracing a leak.
Local shop changed the oil and thought it was a tranny leak.
Im thinking its the Valve cover gasket, but im just a noob...
Any advice would be much appreciated.
2001 2wd 3.4l Limited
Photo's attached:

cashflow50 05-28-2020 01:50 AM

OEM eBay Valve Cover Gasket Kits

Yup sure looks like valve cover gasket change is in your immediate future. Sure looked like mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk