Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   4th Gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Cheap OEM Headlights? (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/286553-cheap-oem-headlights.html)

Sithrebel15 05-26-2020 03:24 AM

Cheap OEM Headlights?

Looks like they're about $230 pretty much everywhere, anyone seen them cheaper?

I'm installing a set of '06 in my '05 and having some morimoto projectors installed.

Mike07SE 05-26-2020 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sithrebel15 (Post 3495081)

I'm installing a set of '06 in my '05 and having some morimoto projectors installed.

Check at Rock Auto. They have assemblies that are insurance certified replacements.

2006 TOYOTA 4RUNNER 4.0L V6 Headlamp Assembly | RockAuto

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

cwilliams563 05-26-2020 02:03 PM

Quote:

Are you wanting “cheap” or “OEM”? Because cheap OEM Toyota parts isn’t something that’s used in the same sentence (an Oxymoron lol) as they are not cheap unfortunately. If you want an inexpensive headlight alternative replacement then I bought these a few months ago and look great. I wasn’t able to (Nor did I want to) spend around$460 for and OEM set then. Amazon.com: ACANII - For 2006-2009 Toyota 4Runner 4 Runner Projector Headlights lamp Driver + Passenger Side 06-09: Automotive

So far so good but we’ll see.

Berty_K 05-26-2020 02:57 PM

Quote:

Why not retrofit the oem ‘05 housings. The retrofit into the old housing is easier than using the bracket into the facelift housing in my opinion. I had to grind the bracket and housing to get everything tidy. Plus the bracket doesn’t allow for much fine tuning.

Here’s what my oem housing look like after some grinding.
https://wcojdg.ch.files.1drv.com/y4m...&cropmode=none

Sithrebel15 05-26-2020 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berty_K (Post 3495302)
Why not retrofit the oem ‘05 housings. The retrofit into the old housing is easier than using the bracket into the facelift housing in my opinion. I had to grind the bracket and housing to get everything tidy. Plus the bracket doesn’t allow for much fine tuning.

Here’s what my oem housing look like after some grinding.
https://wcojdg.ch.files.1drv.com/y4m...&cropmode=none

I'm having the work done for me. And putting projectors into a reflector housing is a ******* move.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwilliams563 (Post 3495270)
Are you wanting “cheap” or “OEM”? Because cheap OEM Toyota parts isn’t something that’s used in the same sentence (an Oxymoron lol) as they are not cheap unfortunately. If you want an inexpensive headlight alternative replacement then I bought these a few months ago and look great. I wasn’t able to (Nor did I want to) spend around$460 for and OEM set then. Amazon.com: ACANII - For 2006-2009 Toyota 4Runner 4 Runner Projector Headlights lamp Driver + Passenger Side 06-09: Automotive

So far so good but we’ll see.

I acquired a set of new oem's for $200 a few years back after I hit a tree.

royal T4R 05-26-2020 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sithrebel15 (Post 3495425)
I'm having the work done for me. And putting projectors into a reflector housing is a ******* move.

Do you mind expanding on this?

joshik 05-26-2020 06:27 PM

do they have to be new OEM? Ebay has used OEM at various prices depending on condition.

I have an 06 RIGHT side for sale on here. It was an extra that I got while doing my 03->06 conversion.

$20 picked up if you are local to socal. Or shipped at your expense. I'm in 92081.

06-09 4Runner OEM Headlight - Driver Side

Berty_K 05-26-2020 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royal T4R (Post 3495442)
Do you mind expanding on this?

I think @Sithrebel15 is confused.

HIDs in a reflector housing is a shithead move. Nothing wrong with a projector retrofit into a reflector housing.

Johns06yota 05-27-2020 09:44 AM

another route you can take if you want "new" ones is get a cheap used set of oem ones with cracked or hazy lenses. Then buy a cheap set off ebay or amazon and transfer those lenses over. I just did this and saved a whole lot of money and now I have oem housings with new aftermarket lenses

Southpaw07 05-27-2020 09:57 AM

I bought a set of new aftermarket headlights for roughly $125 on eBay. I haven't installed them yet so I don't know their longevity. I was contemplating transferring the new, clear lenses to my OEM 2007 headlight housings but I'm concerned with properly sealing them so there's no condensation.