Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   4th Gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Interior question (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/286604-interior-question.html)

Detroitdiy 05-27-2020 11:46 AM

Interior question

1 Attachment(s)
Hey guys, just picked up an 05 sr5 with 160k. After being away from the 4runner world for about a year, I’m glad to be back.

Has anyone ever seen this interior before? It’s an sr5, so I know it’s an add on but the two tone threw me for a loop. Definitely not covers, even quality ones dont look this good.

Seller claimed he was with his brother at the dealership when he purchased it originally and it’s oem. I really like it, but even if I didn’t it was a steal at this mileage and condition.

Bossman 05-27-2020 12:27 PM

See post # 6 in this thread:

https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-g...tml#post223261

Looks like you might have a Sport Edition with the dark charcoal interior.

Detroitdiy 05-27-2020 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bossman (Post 3495868)
See post # 6 in this thread:

https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-g...tml#post223261

Looks like you might have a Sport Edition with the dark charcoal interior.

Definitely not dark charcoal or sport model. I will use the info in that thread though, thanks!

V8Man 05-27-2020 01:04 PM

Do you have Xraes suspension or remnants of it?
Do you have a hood scoop?
Do you have 17” 6 spoke wheels?
And the Sport brake and gas petals makes me think you do have a Sport or the seats from a Sport. I have 3 Sports, one with leather and two with cloth. The leather looks just like your picture.
There is a dealer here that moves stuff around on Toyotas on the lot. Like off-road tires on 2WD Tacomas, highway treads on Off-Road additions. Skid plates and more.

eleven14 05-27-2020 03:28 PM

Looks like a dealer add-on

importman 05-27-2020 03:46 PM

I think it's either a dealer or port add on. My 05 SR5 appears to have that same "leather" except it's a lighter gray color. And the people I got the car from got it when it was a year or two old and they say it came like that. I think a limited number of SR5's must have had that added at the port. And I'm pretty sure, at least in my case, that it's imitation leather, not the real thing.

twa318 05-27-2020 05:06 PM

Its clearly not a sport, if it was the lower plastic seat valance would be color matched black instead of grey as well as all the other bits. We can only see the non color matched mirrors but im sure its also lacking xreas, larger brakes, JLB, hood scoop, ect.

Its most likely a port add on that was available called "leather faced seats (req GYAT)". That's what it says on my window sticker and it cost $1399.00, however the leather pictured here does look different, so perhaps it was a dealer option but its tough to tell from just this photo.

Was it imported by Southeast Toyota Distributors?

If I recall correctly the seat portions are leather while the side pieces are vinyl from the port. If yours is full leather then that would make me think dealer option.

My064R 05-27-2020 05:15 PM

I think I spit up in my mouth thats so not right.
Sorry can't help it.

Detroitdiy 05-27-2020 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by My064R (Post 3496058)
I think I spit up in my mouth thats so not right.
Sorry can't help it.

They’re seats in a 15 year old truck, I can’t imagine how you react to actual stressful situations

montijo505 05-28-2020 11:43 AM

Wow wtf, shits on your post unwarranted and then this is his response to your non aggressive answer. Some people's kids man.

Reference your post, welcome back. Seats look like a dealer add on, Toyota used a specific company for adding aftermarket leather but I can't remember who now.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

NorthT4R 05-28-2020 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detroitdiy (Post 3495842)
Hey guys, just picked up an 05 sr5 with 160k. After being away from the 4runner world for about a year, I’m glad to be back.

Has anyone ever seen this interior before? It’s an sr5, so I know it’s an add on but the two tone threw me for a loop. Definitely not covers, even quality ones dont look this good.

Seller claimed he was with his brother at the dealership when he purchased it originally and it’s oem. I really like it, but even if I didn’t it was a steal at this mileage and condition.

On a side note, how much did you pay for your truck? Thanks!

royal T4R 05-28-2020 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by My064R (Post 3496359)
9mm does the trick any more questions ? snowflake

Did you put on your big boy pants to say that to a stranger on the internet?