Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Tire warranty (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/286614-tire-warranty.html)

Jbellah 05-27-2020 03:07 PM

Tire warranty

I’ve have a 2019 pro with now 32k miles on it. For awhile now I’ve had tire vibration and a few have worn on the inside. I’ve rotated and balanced them many times. Does anyone know if I take it to the dealership if I would get anything from the manufacturer or would I just be wasting my time? Took it to discount tire and they said there doesn’t look like anything worth sending off to the manufacturer. For only having this car little over a year I would think there would be a manufacturer warranty

00Sebby 05-27-2020 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jbellah (Post 3495980)
I’ve have a 2019 pro with now 32k miles on it. For awhile now I’ve had tire vibration and a few have worn on the inside. I’ve rotated and balanced them many times. Does anyone know if I take it to the dealership if I would get anything from the manufacturer or would I just be wasting my time? Took it to discount tire and they said there doesn’t look like anything worth sending off to the manufacturer. For only having this car little over a year I would think there would be a manufacturer warranty

At 32000 miles, probably a waste of time. They will blame the 32000 miles of wear tear and tell you it's time for a new set. Unless they were doing this from the time they were new, they are likely not defective unless a belt recently separated (which could also be caused by hitting something).

Jbellah 05-27-2020 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00Sebby (Post 3495984)
At 32000 miles, probably a waste of time. They will blame the 32000 miles of wear tear and tell you it's time for a new set. Unless they were doing this from the time they were new, they are likely not defective unless a belt recently separated (which could also be caused by hitting something).

I haven't even taking it off roading yet sadly so its been all highway driving mostly. They have been doing this ever since I did my wheel spacers and spacer lift at like 12k miles

00Sebby 05-27-2020 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jbellah (Post 3495991)
I haven't even taking it off roading yet sadly so its been all highway driving mostly. They have been doing this ever since I did my wheel spacers and spacer lift at like 12k miles

Well, there you go. Wheel spacers can magnify an existing imbalance or out-of-round condition in tires. The extra stresses that wheel spacers put on your bearings and suspension can also affect the tires. As was said above, 32000 miles is a lot of miles on a tire and while it may not be enough to wear a tire out, any introduced wear patterns will eventually be felt.

Bossman 05-27-2020 03:48 PM

Tires are not covered by Toyota’s factory warranty and are instead covered by the tiremaker.

https://www.toyota.com/t3Portal/docu...-194Runner.pdf

Whom can I contact regarding the tire warranty on my Toyota vehicle?

What's Included In My Toyota Warranty Coverage?

mteolus 05-27-2020 04:24 PM

I had a POS Dueler go bad on me at 20k. Dealer wouldn't do anything. First Firestone dealer I went to wouldn't do anything, second one gave me a new tire for $95. It was a pro-rated discount even though it had nothing to do with wear. It was defective, had a split in the rubber right down the middle of the tire. I drove it for 10k and then got rid of the tires as they were already worn out. Worst tires ever. Not sure why your Terra Grapplers were so bad.

I may have been able to argue it and eventually win, but it wasn't worth the effort not knowing what the eventual outcome would be.

MossJenks 05-27-2020 05:42 PM

If they wore on the inside make sure you get an alignment when you get new tires or you'll wear them out too.

Jbellah 05-27-2020 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mteolus (Post 3496034)
I had a POS Dueler go bad on me at 20k. Dealer wouldn't do anything. First Firestone dealer I went to wouldn't do anything, second one gave me a new tire for $95. It was a pro-rated discount even though it had nothing to do with wear. It was defective, had a split in the rubber right down the middle of the tire. I drove it for 10k and then got rid of the tires as they were already worn out. Worst tires ever. Not sure why your Terra Grapplers were so bad.

I may have been able to argue it and eventually win, but it wasn't worth the effort not knowing what the eventual outcome would be.

I wanted to go to the dealership about them because on numerous occasions when I took it in I told them there was a problem. I went ahead and bought new tires at discount just for the fact the manager said he would give me $40 per tire and I knew If I waited I would end up with nothing.

Jbellah 05-27-2020 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MossJenks (Post 3496071)
If they wore on the inside make sure you get an alignment when you get new tires or you'll wear them out too.

I got one a month ago but I guess ill need to get another one since im going bigger on the new ones and just to make sure since they are new.

mteolus 05-27-2020 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jbellah (Post 3496088)
I got one a month ago but I guess ill need to get another one since im going bigger on the new ones and just to make sure since they are new.

Definitely get an alignment after your new tires. I didn't with my BFG's and they didn't wear right. Probably took about 10k off of the life of them and they are now loud.