Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/off-topic/)
-   -   Toyota Production Post COVID (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/off-topic/286698-toyota-production-post-covid.html)

t0y0ta4R 05-29-2020 03:33 PM

Toyota Production Post COVID

I realize this may be a long shot but does anyone know if Toyota's Japanese plants are fully open? I managed to find one article about no work Fridays but maybe my Google search skills are not the best. Toyota to apply brakes at Japanese plants for 3rd month - The Mainichi

My reason for asking is concern about delays in the ordering process if you go that route. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the standard lead is about 10 weeks but suspect it may be much longer given the current enviroment.

Any insight is appreciated.

Charlievee 05-29-2020 03:38 PM

Was stated last night that Japan never shut down. Only 800 or so deaths. Would be more concerned with the ports in Cali and Mexico.

DEF4Runner 05-29-2020 03:40 PM

Not sure what it means in actual numbers, but here's a little more detail on the subject.

Toyota: adjustments to domestic production in June 2020 (as of May 15) | Automotive World

Charlievee 05-29-2020 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DEF4Runner (Post 3497168)
Not sure what it means in actual numbers, but here's a little more detail on the subject.

Toyota: adjustments to domestic production in June 2020 (as of May 15) | Automotive World

Be interesting to see what inventory numbers are.

t0y0ta4R 05-29-2020 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DEF4Runner (Post 3497168)

Good find, thanks! Not sure what's up with the scam posts above though.

DEF4Runner 05-29-2020 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t0y0ta4R (Post 3497199)
Good find, thanks! Not sure what's up with the scam posts above though.

Yeah, if I'm reading it right, the Tahara plant is working double shifts...not sure if that's catch-up or keep-up though. The good news is that there's PLENTY of Trans-Oceanic capacity to get your order here quick. :)

Coronavirus Pushes Shipping Companies Into Survival Mode - WSJ

Bossman 05-29-2020 04:19 PM

Adjustments to Domestic Production in June 2020 (as of May 15) | Corporate | Global Newsroom | Toyota Motor Corporation Official Global Website

Toyota to idle 5 Japan assembly plants as global demand slumps

Dillusion 05-29-2020 06:06 PM

Friends Dad is on week 12 of waiting for his Tacoma.

t0y0ta4R 05-29-2020 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillusion (Post 3497259)
Friends Dad is on week 12 of waiting for his Tacoma.

Ugh, that's a long time to wait and probably similar to what would be seen ordering a 4R.