Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   4th Gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Advice and opinions please (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/286724-advice-opinions-please.html)

JBend 05-30-2020 11:57 AM

Advice and opinions please

1 Attachment(s)
I've been looking and researching wheel and tire combo options for the past few weeks before I put my lift on. A set of (4) nitto trail grapplers has popped up with the 2019 6 spoke wheel option. They've got "95%" tread left and are 255/75/17

I was looking more towards a/t than m/t.

What are your all's opinions/experiences with these specific tires. Road noise/longevity.

As well as anyone running 255/75. Did you get wheel spacers cuz they're skinnier?

I've got the number at $825 for the set of 4 as well as swapping my wheels and tires over to his truck. Thanks.

montijo505 05-30-2020 02:14 PM

I had a set in 285/70/17 and my only negative is that they were heavy. The road noise wasn't terrible, but they did hum on the highway. These may not have those issues since they're skinnies.

The positive is that they are beasts off-road. I never once got stuck in anything I threw at them. Sloppy mud, loose deep sand in river beds, snow you name it I never had a problem. I only switched because I wanted a lighter tire when they wore down. They lasted me five years and give or take 50k and still had about a third of the tread left when I sold them to a cousin.

Price isn't terrible, think I paid in the neighborhood of $1300 for 4 new.

Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

JBend 05-30-2020 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montijo505 (Post 3497552)
I had a set in 285/70/17 and my only negative is that they were heavy. The road noise wasn't terrible, but they did hum on the highway. These may not have those issues since they're skinnies.

The positive is that they are beasts off-road. I never once got stuck in anything I threw at them. Sloppy mud, loose deep sand in river beds, snow you name it I never had a problem. I only switched because I wanted a lighter tire when they wore down. They lasted me five years and give or take 50k and still had about a third of the tread left when I sold them to a cousin.

Price isn't terrible, think I paid in the neighborhood of $1300 for 4 new.

Good luck.

Thanks man. I figured for that price just for tires would be good and since I like the wheels more than the stock 5 spoke it's an all around win. Thanks again.

montijo505 05-30-2020 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBend (Post 3497647)
Thanks man. I figured for that price just for tires would be good and since I like the wheels more than the stock 5 spoke it's an all around win. Thanks again.

Probably haven't no trouble selling if you don't like them either.

JBend 05-31-2020 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montijo505 (Post 3497720)
Probably haven't no trouble selling if you don't like them either.

Idk if you can help me here but stock offset is 30mm and on those 6 spokes it's 15mm. I should have no problem clearing stock UCA'S right?