Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Rear spring lift height - need your help, please (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/286945-rear-spring-lift-height-need-your-help-please.html)

ahtoxa11 06-06-2020 11:55 AM

Rear spring lift height - need your help, please

Hey gang,

I installed the full King 2.5 set up recently with Toytech Superflex 2.0 rear springs.

Here are my post-lift measurements from hub center to bottom of wheel arch:

front - 22.5"
rear - 25"

The issue is that the rear is too high. This is an overall 2.5" of rake at the fenders, where the factory rake is around 2".

I'm not sure why the Superflex 2.0 gave me three inches of lift in the back. The fronts are exactly right - they are 2.5" over stock and I don't want to go higher as I want to retain the down travel.

Need your help with advice on which rear spring should I swap shall this spring not settle much? I've read here that Icons 2.0 also give about 2.5, which would work for me.

Ultimately, I want a rear spring that's a true 2 - 2.5" rather than the 3 actual I got. I usually drive empty, no rear bumper but occasionally do load up with bikes, camping gear and dogs.

cmilviper 06-06-2020 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahtoxa11 (Post 3500585)
Hey gang,

I installed the full King 2.5 set up recently with Toytech Superflex 2.0 rear springs.

front - 22.5"
rear - 25"

The issue is that the rear is too high. This is an overall 2.5" of rake at the fenders, where the factory rake is around 2".

I'm not sure why the Superflex 2.0 gave me three inches of lift in the back. The fronts are exactly right - they are 2.5" over stock and I don't want to go higher as I want to retain the down travel.

Need your help with advice on which rear spring should I swap shall this spring not settle much? I've read here that Icons 2.0 also give about 2.5, which would work for me.

Ultimately, I want a rear spring that's a true 2 - 2.5" rather than the 3 actual I got. I usually drive empty, no rear bumper but occasionally do load up with bikes, camping gear and dogs.

In the past, I've had the Superflex 2.0 & the 2'' rear Icon coil springs on the same vehicle/same weight, and both yielded near identical height.

As long as you didn't install the Superflex 2.0 HD springs, then I would just give it some time to settle. I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually settled around an inch, down to around 24''.

STLDAVE 06-06-2020 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahtoxa11 (Post 3500585)
Hey gang,

front - 22.5"
rear - 25"

If you can find them, I put the SAW 1.5 rear coils on about 150,000 miles ago and they gave me 2.0 inches of lift at install, and never settled at all.