Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   DIY Rear Cargo Base Plate & Drawers (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/287523-diy-rear-cargo-base-plate-drawers.html)

YouInTheShirt 06-23-2020 11:10 AM

DIY Rear Cargo Base Plate & Drawers

4 Attachment(s)
Ended up making my own Rear Cargo Plate for my TRD Offroad. It took 4 different designs to finally get the finished product, but with a few people to buy in on the final product, it offset the initial design cost. Even got my own drawer system built with the help of some buddies that do cabinets professionally.

kaitlyn2004 06-24-2020 12:10 PM

Can't see any of the images

YouInTheShirt 06-24-2020 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaitlyn2004 (Post 3508802)
Can't see any of the images

Sounds about right. lol. Should be up now. Let me know...

kaitlyn2004 06-24-2020 02:46 PM

What's the cargo plate made of? Did you have to drill new holes to secure or did they already exist?

sn_85 06-25-2020 11:01 AM

Nice. How'd you mount the power tank to the cargo well on the passenger side?

NW.OH.T4R 06-25-2020 12:00 PM

I'd be interested in more information, or if you'd like another contributor to "lower the design cost" :cheers:

acidrane 06-25-2020 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YouInTheShirt (Post 3508314)
Ended up making my own Rear Cargo Plate for my TRD Offroad. It took 4 different designs to finally get the finished product, but with a few people to buy in on the final product, it offset the initial design cost. Even got my own drawer system built with the help of some buddies that do cabinets professionally.

Tell me more about the bike mount. Is it just a fork mount block mounted to the bottom plate? Is there anything holding the rear tire down?

Chilow 06-25-2020 02:27 PM

Looks like Goosegear

rayofsi 06-25-2020 02:47 PM

looks diy like title says.. Goosegear one has a lot of drilled holes in it

jp.vegas 06-25-2020 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sn_85 (Post 3509349)

Same question here. I've got a 20 lb tank looking for a home back there.

YouInTheShirt 06-25-2020 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sn_85 (Post 3509349)

Actually had a custom brack made that from local fab guy and it is in powder coating right now. I'll post photos when we get it back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaitlyn2004 (Post 3508894)
What's the cargo plate made of? Did you have to drill new holes to secure or did they already exist?

1/2 Baltic birch with bed liner. All the bolts secure to factory threaded inserts in the floor. Have to drill to expose the 2 larger ones in the very back. Took like 2 minutes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by acidrane (Post 3509386)
Tell me more about the bike mount. Is it just a fork mount block mounted to the bottom plate? Is there anything holding the rear tire down?

Just front fork mount from rocky mount secured to plate by drilling and installing t nuts. Rear seats on that 4runner had a delete done and the rear tire is just strapped down.

YouInTheShirt 06-28-2020 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rayofsi (Post 3509480)
looks diy like title says.. Goosegear one has a lot of drilled holes in it

Ya obviously similar, but not made for anything specific. Kinda just drill it as I buy more crap. Also helps I have a few left in the garage.

Chilow 09-03-2020 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YouInTheShirt (Post 3509756)
Actually had a custom brack made that from local fab guy and it is in powder coating right now. I'll post photos when we get it back.

1/2 Baltic birch with bed liner. All the bolts secure to factory threaded inserts in the floor. Have to drill to expose the 2 larger ones in the very back. Took like 2 minutes.

Just front fork mount from rocky mount secured to plate by drilling and installing t nuts. Rear seats on that 4runner had a delete done and the rear tire is just strapped down.

Any additional information on the 2 larger holes you drilled in the back? Were these "hidden" existing holes?

YouInTheShirt 09-04-2020 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chilow (Post 3540406)
Any additional information on the 2 larger holes you drilled in the back? Were these "hidden" existing holes?

They are there from the factory. Same holes used for the trd pro slide out tray. I don't have a specific measurement or place where they are. You can access them from the bottom.

Gclark949 09-04-2020 11:04 PM

Good job. Looks perfect. Are you happy with the bed liner? Does that stuff tend to scratch off when bonded to wood?