Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   anytime camera on a 2020 trd pro (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/287695-anytime-camera-2020-trd-pro.html)

LCFj40 06-28-2020 11:09 AM

anytime camera on a 2020 trd pro

Anyone successfully installed the 2020 Anytime camera kit ?

Installed the kit on my 2020 TRD pro and it does not work. Switch illuminates and the amber light comes on when put the truck in reverse but the switch does nothing in either position.

Sent Anytime a couple of emails but have not gotten a reply, not feeling to confident I will based on other posters experiences.

dcguy 03-13-2021 09:15 PM

Bumping this old thread because I purchased the same kit ( I assume you’re talking about this one).

Had a professional shop attempt the install and they could not get it to work, eventually telling me they believe something within the kit is defective.

Has anyone had any luck with this?

Are there alternatives to this product that accomplish the same thing?

I’ll be trying to return it, but we’ll see how that goes. The first time I ordered the kit from this company they sent me a kit for the 2019 models and never agreed to accept a return, which forced me to sell it at a loss. Ordered again many months later, I received the correct model but it’s just not working at all.

lewis26 03-14-2021 09:05 AM

I am almost ready to purchase for my 21 limited, but it sounds like their harness doesnt work correctly on the 20+ JBL.

Any updates?

Saker 03-15-2021 05:26 AM

I suggest giving Brian a call. His number is listed on his website.
I have purchased 2 of his kits and they have worked without issue.

grizzlypath 03-17-2021 02:12 PM

I know the instructions for wiring it up are kind of tricky and the wire labeling wasn't good when I installed mine. If I had to guess, maybe you mis-wired it somewhere?

TRDHULK 03-18-2021 06:54 PM

Subbing. I have the kit in hand but have not installed yet

Sky 03-19-2021 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRDHULK (Post 3617867)

Same here- had it awhile for my 19 but got too busy with other things.

crawlingjunk 03-24-2021 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcguy (Post 3615588)
Bumping this old thread because I purchased the same kit ( I assume you’re talking about this one).

Had a professional shop attempt the install and they could not get it to work, eventually telling me they believe something within the kit is defective.

Has anyone had any luck with this?

Are there alternatives to this product that accomplish the same thing?

I’ll be trying to return it, but we’ll see how that goes. The first time I ordered the kit from this company they sent me a kit for the 2019 models and never agreed to accept a return, which forced me to sell it at a loss. Ordered again many months later, I received the correct model but it’s just not working at all.

I just got my kit for my 21. And guess what, he sent me a 2019 kit. Sent him an email and text this morning and still waiting on reply

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TRDHULK 03-26-2021 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRDHULK (Post 3617867)

Installed over the weekend, broke the damn wiring harness going through the firewall

Received new harness last night, reinstalled, doesn’t work.

Talking to him today, he gave me a tip to swap the plugs in the back.

Will update after tonight

Kamalani Mahie 03-26-2021 11:04 PM

I've installed two kits and they both worked. Granted this was on a 2015 and on a 2016. My only issues have been two bad cameras. One got moisture in it and the other was a dud. So I'm on my third camera and it hasn't failed...yet. The harnesses seem to be good quality, but the cameras are CHEAP.

crawlingjunk 03-27-2021 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamalani Mahie (Post 3620914)
I've installed two kits and they both worked. Granted this was on a 2015 and on a 2016. My only issues have been two bad cameras. One got moisture in it and the other was a dud. So I'm on my third camera and it hasn't failed...yet. The harnesses seem to be good quality, but the cameras are CHEAP.

Do you choose upgraded camera or basic. Anyhow they are both cheap. ( both quality and price) The upgraded one is like 30 bucks on amazon. So standard has to be even cheaper

dcguy 03-27-2021 04:04 PM

Update: I had another shop give it a go and they were finally able to install it after some trial and error.

These are the instructions we followed:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/00...f?v=1615938677

The camera is centered and right above the Toyota Safety Sense sensor plate. Fortunately it does not appear to interfere with the sensors.

The fidelity of the “premium” camera is just OK. As others have mentioned, I wish it were better, but it’s better than nothing.

Kamalani Mahie 03-28-2021 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crawlingjunk (Post 3620950)
Do you choose upgraded camera or basic. Anyhow they are both cheap. ( both quality and price) The upgraded one is like 30 bucks on amazon. So standard has to be even cheaper

standard lol. ya i know they're cheap.