Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/off-topic/)
-   -   Admin or Mods to remove all the SPAM (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/off-topic/287745-admin-mods-remove-all-spam.html)

02SE 06-29-2020 03:37 PM

Admin or Mods to remove all the SPAM

Are there any Admins or Mods that remove SPAM on this website anymore?

I don't recall it ever being this bad. Although I did take a 4 year break from the board...

ads2539 06-29-2020 04:40 PM

I report SPAM when I see it, but I don’t follow up to see if the post gets removed.

T4R2014 06-29-2020 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02SE (Post 3511312)
Are there any Admins or Mods that remove SPAM on this website anymore?

I don't recall it ever being this bad. Although I did take a 4 year break from the board...

It has only gotten more and more sketch in these past few years. Only reason I stick around is because the majority is still here.

CookieRoe 06-29-2020 11:27 PM

I'm a mod over at a Civic forum. Most of the admin and other mods hardly ever go online anymore. I'm there everyday doing "housekeeping". That site is constantly under attack with new users (spammers) trying to register as members, but the site's security protocols are pretty tight, but a mod definitely has to be there. Honestly I'm happy to do it. I've asked to be a mod here, but here I am. Over in the 4th gen section, I'm pretty sure there aren't any.

Ogre75 07-02-2020 07:44 AM

I noticed the one sketchy post here in this section posted a dozen times. I can't believe they're all still up.

cb1111 07-04-2020 05:43 PM

The mods have all clicked on the links, have had their computers compromised and are locked out of the forum.

02SE 07-08-2020 06:08 PM

Bumping this back to the top so that maybe someone will remove the spammers...

-JD- 07-09-2020 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02SE (Post 3515313)
Bumping this back to the top so that maybe someone will remove the spammers...

Unfortunately I don't think spam is our only problem. This forum seems to be crawling with some sort of chat bots.

Not sure if its some sort of targeted attack, or just bad luck, but its been going on for long enough now to assume that whoever is running this forum either doesn't care or isn't able to stop it.