Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   3rd gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   custom rear end HELP! (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/287996-custom-rear-end-help.html)

Dolson 07-08-2020 03:45 AM

custom rear end HELP!

1 Attachment(s)
just bought this 2000 and I'm not familiar with this set up for the rear end, anyone seen this before? springs are from a older f250 i believe. truck is sitting around 6-7 inch lift with no spacers, no body lift. rear end vibrates after 40mph. please help lol

rexassian 07-08-2020 10:28 AM

Can you get a shot from the side showing the pinion angle? Most likely the problem is that the angle needs to be adjusted to point at the CV joint at the transfercase. That should fix the vibration but no idea on the spring placement

St Runner 07-08-2020 11:15 AM

Somebody got excited. Good luck!

Dieselchessy 07-08-2020 11:26 AM

Give us pics of a couple different angles.

Looks like there is a sway bar with extended links, panhard bar was cut and sleeved, looks to be limiting straps. I don’t see functional bump stops. The lower track bars are there, but you can’t really see the uppers behind the shocks.

I assume the upper and lower track bars would have been lengthened?

Mark_BC 07-08-2020 01:37 PM

What did they do on the front to get a 6" lift?

3bears 07-08-2020 02:05 PM

too me that is pretty ugly. vibration over 40...maybe they did not intend for it to be on road and strictly off road. But ugly can be good. esp for a off road rig. might be a shadow. looks like gear oil on drivers side rear wheel....seals ?
a real creative project for sure.

MStudt 07-08-2020 04:30 PM

Only need to see a picture of the driveshaft. Unless you have a driveshaft with a double cardan joint that's your issue. Single cardan joints can't run that angle in a short span like our 4runner has. Also looks like your passenger side wheel bearing is toast based on the diff fluid coming out on the dust plate. This will cause some vibration too, but that doesn't sound like the issue you're talking about.

Mike