Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   4th Gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   ASFIR skid plates. (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/288033-asfir-skid-plates.html)

andreylights 07-09-2020 12:33 AM

ASFIR skid plates.

Basically the title. Asfir makes aluminum skid plates for various vehicles, including hilux / fj / tacomas. Has anyone tried them? I can only find a few threads on ih8mud and mostly people there are happy with them. I found a deal on local FB on a Asfir engine skid plate (it was for an FJ but it works on 4runners) and it looks solid. Their pricing is very good for aluminum, so I am looking for a feedback. Cheers!

harl 07-09-2020 05:01 PM

RAMOTORSPORTS.ca

harl 07-09-2020 05:04 PM

I bought one from RA for my 3rd gen/fuel tank skid plate and like it, just about to order one for my 03 runner-4th gen, my is almost gone from rust

Drcoffee 09-07-2020 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andreylights (Post 3515503)
Basically the title. Asfir makes aluminum skid plates for various vehicles, including hilux / fj / tacomas. Has anyone tried them? I can only find a few threads on ih8mud and mostly people there are happy with them. I found a deal on local FB on a Asfir engine skid plate (it was for an FJ but it works on 4runners) and it looks solid. Their pricing is very good for aluminum, so I am looking for a feedback. Cheers!

What year ASFIR FJ Skid plate works on the 4th gen 4runner?

andreylights 09-07-2020 10:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drcoffee (Post 3541709)
What year ASFIR FJ Skid plate works on the 4th gen 4runner?

So far I have installed 2 skids from Asfir, hence confirming they are working on our 4th gen.

1) front skid -- Front Skid Plate
2) transmission skid -- Gear Skid Plate

Drcoffee 09-08-2020 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andreylights (Post 3541732)
So far I have installed 2 skids from Asfir, hence confirming they are working on our 4th gen.

1) front skid -- Front Skid Plate
2) transmission skid -- Gear Skid Plate

Leonard from ASFIR responded to say they dont have have a front skid for the 4th gen 4runner. But you have used a skid for the 07 FJ without any issues? Please confirm. The price is right at $265.

andreylights 09-08-2020 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drcoffee (Post 3541860)
Leonard from ASFIR responded to say they dont have have a front skid for the 4th gen 4runner. But you have used a skid for the 07 FJ without any issues? Please confirm. The price is right at $265.

They dont have anything specifically for a 4th gen, but I installed their skids (as per links in the post above) on mine without modifications. :)

averyislost 04-19-2022 11:01 AM

Anyone have their skids with the v8, or happen to know if there is general fitment issues with the 2003-2004 v8 crossover pipe on aftermarket skids?

CBI is the only one that lists definite compatibility issues with their rear skid for the 2003-2004 v8, but the ARB skids seem to have issues as well.

EDIT: Just ordered the front plate from them. I'll have to do some more digging to see if the 03-04 v8 exhaust crossover will cause issues with their GX470 trans plate option

averyislost 04-26-2022 02:39 PM

The front plate came in, and fits great with the V8. Access to the oil filter looks to be the same as any other front skid plate, you should be able to reach in and get it from the driver side.

It's pretty light for the size too.

Here's some pics:

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/QlZATav" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/QlZATav">V8 4Runner ASFIR Front Plate</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Bassturd 04-26-2022 03:25 PM

I’m interested in these for the price. Looking at their website they are based out of Israel. Do they have a distributor in the US? How long are the ship times if not?

averyislost 04-26-2022 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bassturd (Post 3729731)
I’m interested in these for the price. Looking at their website they are based out of Israel. Do they have a distributor in the US? How long are the ship times if not?

Price was great, shipping is super pricey but they split the cost with you ands they have a 5% discount I found on IH8Mud.
I bought it direct from their site and they shipped through DHL Express. I ordered them on 4/19 and the plate show up on 4/25. They're fast.

Bassturd 04-26-2022 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by averyislost (Post 3729742)
Price was great, shipping is super pricey but they split the cost with you ands they have a 5% discount I found on IH8Mud.
I bought it direct from their site and they shipped through DHL Express. I ordered them on 4/19 and the plate show up on 4/25. They're fast.

Thanks I may be ordering me a set this week then. Can I ask what the shipping cost was for you? I did see they are offering %50 off shipping worldwide.

averyislost 04-26-2022 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bassturd (Post 3729748)
Thanks I may be ordering me a set this week then. Can I ask what the shipping cost was for you? I did see they are offering %50 off shipping worldwide.

Yeah no problem, here is the breakdown:

Skidplate: $226
Shipping: $180
Discounts: -$101
Grand Total: $305

BTW I found the discount, use: MUDDING5. It applies to the overall cost if I remember correctly. The discounts shown above includes the shipping discount and the overall 5% off. Shipping was still expensive even after they comp 50% of it.

Bassturd 04-27-2022 08:29 AM

Thanks for sharing!

ryrunner 01-01-2023 07:44 PM

So any problems with the rear skid plate and the v8 exhaust routing? Did you have to use spacers or cut anything?

Quote:

Originally Posted by averyislost (Post 3728065)
Anyone have their skids with the v8, or happen to know if there is general fitment issues with the 2003-2004 v8 crossover pipe on aftermarket skids?

CBI is the only one that lists definite compatibility issues with their rear skid for the 2003-2004 v8, but the ARB skids seem to have issues as well.

EDIT: Just ordered the front plate from them. I'll have to do some more digging to see if the 03-04 v8 exhaust crossover will cause issues with their GX470 trans plate option