Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   2021 Lunar Rock TRD Pro spotted at Port (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/289647-2021-lunar-rock-trd-pro-spotted-port.html)

final 08-25-2020 08:57 PM

2021 Lunar Rock TRD Pro spotted at Port

Lunar Rock Has Landed!! 2021 4Runner TRD Pro at the Hawaiian Port - YouTube

CO-Cygnus 08-25-2020 09:08 PM

Looks better in darker ambient light.

TTCSparky 08-25-2020 09:16 PM

Ha. My ‘20 Army Green hasn’t reach my dealer yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rageandlove 08-25-2020 09:18 PM

Did the remaining stock of army green just go up in value?

Gaidge 08-25-2020 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TTCSparky (Post 3536800)
Ha. My ‘20 Army Green hasn’t reach my dealer yet.

I’m in the same boat! It was supposed to arrive between August 18th and August 24th. New ETA is September 8-14.

Xtremluck 08-26-2020 01:01 AM

If this is truly a 2021 I'm pretty disappointed because that means the LED headlights are pretty much the existing housings in the 14-20' models with maybe a LED low beam projector shuffled in there. Another example of squeezing every little bit out of this platform without meaningful investment before the next generation.

onaquest 08-26-2020 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xtremluck (Post 3536857)
If this is truly a 2021 I'm pretty disappointed because that means the LED headlights are pretty much the existing housings in the 14-20' models with maybe a LED low beam projector shuffled in there. Another example of squeezing every little bit out of this platform without meaningful investment before the next generation.

I had the same thoughts. I really want to see close up shots of the headlights

Blue 4ever Runner 08-26-2020 09:47 AM

I would need to see it in person but from the pictures, I do not like the color at all. After Voodoo Blue and Army Green this is pretty blah. At least it seems Toyota addressed the headlights. Good that they kept the reliable engine but they could have gotten a little more power out of it and a 6 or 7 speed transmission would really help. At least the 5 speed is tried and true.

Redsoxx1918 08-26-2020 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rageandlove (Post 3536801)
Did the remaining stock of army green just go up in value?

Probably not as army green will now be available on trail models. They shouldn’t have done that to TRD buyers.

peekaboo 08-26-2020 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redsoxx1918 (Post 3536916)
Probably not as army green will now be available on trail models. They shouldn’t have done that to TRD buyers.

Meh. I have an AG pro. I don't really care what other people have. If someone bought an AG pro only for the resale value, well they dug their own grave with that decision.

Then again, I got like $4k off MSRP for it, I can see the hurt if you paid over asking. But again.. back to the digging your own grave comment :caked:

CO-Cygnus 08-26-2020 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xtremluck (Post 3536857)

Welcome to Toyota trucks. At least we're not Sequoia fans, that thing is even older.

Big Daddy K 08-26-2020 11:46 AM

Anybody else think "Forest Service" when they see that?

sandcrawler 08-26-2020 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by final (Post 3536792)

video is good reminder to people that TRD Pro is a port-installed appearance package...

Redsoxx1918 08-26-2020 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peekaboo (Post 3536924)
Meh. I have an AG pro. I don't really care what other people have. If someone bought an AG pro only for the resale value, well they dug their own grave with that decision.

Then again, I got like $4k off MSRP for it, I can see the hurt if you paid over asking. But again.. back to the digging your own grave comment :caked:

I get what you’re saying. The Pros aren’t as exclusive as they once were. I got $4k off my voodoo blue as well and there were discounted army green models around earlier this year. Sometimes it’s just nice having a limited color in a sea of black, white, grey and silver vehicles out there. Toyota markets it as an exclusive color so it would be nice if they left it that way. That being said, Toyota makes the exclusive colors on the for the Tundra and Tacoma Pros available the following year.

peekaboo 08-26-2020 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redsoxx1918 (Post 3536977)
I get what you’re saying. The Pros aren’t as exclusive as they once were. I got $4k off my voodoo blue as well and there were discounted army green models around earlier this year. Sometimes it’s just nice having a limited color in a sea of black, white, grey and silver vehicles out there. Toyota markets it as an exclusive color so it would be nice if they left it that way. That being said, Toyota makes the exclusive colors on the for the Tundra and Tacoma Pros available the following year.

I doubt we'll see many trail editions anyway. They don't have that many coolers to give out :dancin: