Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Anybody know what this sound is?? (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/290192-anybody-know-what-sound.html)

DallasTRDPro 09-13-2020 05:48 PM

Anybody know what this sound is??

It happens every time I turn off the 4R. Never had any vehicle make a sound like this.

Weird 4 Runner sound - YouTube

DallasTRDPro 09-13-2020 05:57 PM

Can anyone tell me how to post a video off my phone??

SpeedyKevin 09-13-2020 06:12 PM

cant see the video but going to guess its just your evap unit doing its thing.

DallasTRDPro 09-13-2020 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpeedyKevin (Post 3543726)
cant see the video but going to guess its just your evap unit doing its thing.

Could it have a leak or is it normal for the 4R?

SpeedyKevin 09-13-2020 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DallasTRDPro (Post 3543729)
Could it have a leak or is it normal for the 4R?

If it sounds like a high pitch fan or whistle, you should be fine. I was worried when i first heard it but found out it was the evap

DallasTRDPro 09-13-2020 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpeedyKevin (Post 3543732)
If it sounds like a high pitch fan or whistle, you should be fine. I was worried when i first heard it but found out it was the evap

I ended up adding it to YouTube. Its in my first post.

TOYO74 09-13-2020 06:28 PM

It is the evap system and is a normal event. It's described in your owner's manual and has been discussed on this site many times. When I first heard mine do this I thought for sure it was something evil-- </:^)

JsinLegacy 09-13-2020 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOYO74 (Post 3543736)
It is the evap system and is a normal event. It's described in your owner's manual and has been discussed on this site many times. When I first heard mine do this I thought for sure it was something evil-- </:^)

It still catches me off guard some times.

DallasTRDPro 09-13-2020 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOYO74 (Post 3543736)

If it’s normal then I’m ok with it. Never had any other vehicle make similar sounds.

DallasTRDPro 09-13-2020 06:39 PM

And another one about 2-3 seconds after I start moving forward.

Another weird noise - YouTube

17KT4R 09-14-2020 09:14 AM

For the first one I think I can hear the Air Injection spinning its last breath (sits behind the passenger headlight area), and the last one is coming from under the drivers dash generated off the braking system, something to do with ABS pulse, a test of sorts after first tire rotation is something I read before, anyway - normal. Drive on!