Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   3rd gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Is alignment needed after panhard correction? (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/290697-alignment-needed-after-panhard-correction.html)

benjamin247 10-02-2020 01:17 AM

Is alignment needed after panhard correction?

I have the eimkeith panhard correction kit installed. It drives straight but, although the stability is noticeably better, it’s still not as stable before my 3” lift.
Should I get an alignment after PCK installation? I had an alignment don’t after my lift was installed.

mtbtim 10-02-2020 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benjamin247 (Post 3550794)
I have the eimkeith panhard correction kit installed. It drives straight but, although the stability is noticeably better, it’s still not as stable before my 3” lift.
Should I get an alignment after PCK installation? I had an alignment don’t after my lift was installed.

No, an alignment isn't necessary after the PCK because it's changing nothing with the front end where all the alignment adjustments happen with the Lower Control Arms and Outer Tie Rods.

A lift changes the handling characteristics of the rig. It's never going to feel as stable as it was stock. You're going to have to get use to the way it now drives or get rid of the lift.

phattyduck 10-02-2020 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benjamin247 (Post 3550794)

Post the alignment printout... they may have done a half-assed job (or not been able to get the specs right due to the 3" lift).

-Charlie

Malcolm99 10-02-2020 01:23 PM

Actually since they do a "4 wheel alignment" and use the back wheels as reference, yes you should get it aligned again., are your front lower control arm adjusting cams in a similar position from side to side or are they compensating for the old position of the pan hard bar, also the tie rods are suppose to show the same amount of threads within 1.5mm. The truck will dog one way without the PCK and a 3"+ lift, once you centre the axle again it would change the alignment specs requiring some fine tuning to align it again.

My PCK is in the mail, my front LCA cams are slightly off from side to side, tie rods are within spec, alignment within spec after 2nd attempt and providing the toyota dealer the FSM.., and i'll be going back after the PCK install.

Devbot 10-04-2020 08:27 PM

You should be getting an alignment after a lift regardless.
The truck won't feel as stable because you've raised the COG, which is already fairly high on SUVs. Eventually you learn to live with it and learn it's much, much more stable than it initially feels.