Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   YOHO 4Runner Drawer Storage System (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/290863-yoho-4runner-drawer-storage-system.html)

YOHO 4Runner Bed 10-07-2020 04:32 PM

YOHO 4Runner Drawer Storage System

Hi all,

Finally, we have it!

A drawer system for that fits under the YOHO 4Runner bed platform
Scroll down on this page for the video.

Thanks for looking!

YOHO 4Runner Storage Drawer System - Camping & Overlanding Equipment

– Foxwood Merchants

DMiller 10-08-2020 02:26 AM

Cool looking system.
Do you have a version that fits a 3rd Gen 2000?
:smow:

Drobs 10-08-2020 07:46 AM

Price on the bed frame is fantastic!!!

Fyi- Those turn buckles used on the front of the box suck. They loosen up as you drive over a bumpy road and squeak like crazy. They will drive you insane.

Velcro straps would work better.

Question - what's the theory on the bed frame?
Set it up at your campsite for sleeping then take it apart in the morning?

Will it survive off roading while setup?

YOHO 4Runner Bed 10-09-2020 09:35 PM

We are working on it! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMiller (Post 3552913)
Cool looking system.
Do you have a version that fits a 3rd Gen 2000?
:smow:

YOHO 4Runner Bed 10-09-2020 09:42 PM

Thank you!!

So far the turnbuckles are ok as long as they have some load on them.

Right now my 4Runner has had the bed setup in it for a week, haha. It makes 0 sounds when you have the foam and bedding on it, like not a sound.

If you are loading up the 4Runner with passengers you can keep it dismantled until you get to your camping spot. I usually set mine up prior because its either just me or one other person camping.

its not going anywhere, so no issues off road.

Thanks for the comment! 🍻🤠

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drobs (Post 3552927)
Price on the bed frame is fantastic!!!

Fyi- Those turn buckles used on the front of the box suck. They loosen up as you drive over a bumpy road and squeak like crazy. They will drive you insane.

Velcro straps would work better.

Question - what's the theory on the bed frame?
Set it up at your campsite for sleeping then take it apart in the morning?

Will it survive off roading while setup?

mrblah 10-10-2020 01:55 AM

Your products have a DIY vibe to them...and thats not necessarily a good thing.

YOHO 4Runner Bed 10-10-2020 04:06 AM

Hi and thanks for the comment.
Yes, you will need to carry it to your 4Runner and put it in the back yourself, no magic here. If that is DIY, I wish I was living your life :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrblah (Post 3553520)
Your products have a DIY vibe to them...and thats not necessarily a good thing.

mrblah 10-10-2020 05:02 AM

I edited this response since you decided to play nice by editing your original statement, and I will do the same.

04rnr 10-10-2020 12:08 PM

Thats an AWESOME design.... I only wish or suggestion is, to make the sides shorter, to make the finished product just a little more headroom. Im a short guy and did a sleeping platform in my other 4runner, it was right at the same height when done with the mattress and I would bump my head waking up, it was hard to actually sit up in the bed...

When you come up with a 4th gen 4runner design, I may have to jump on it.

Major Props to you
:first:

kaitlyn2004 10-10-2020 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04rnr (Post 3553603)
Thats an AWESOME design.... I only wish or suggestion is, to make the sides shorter, to make the finished product just a little more headroom. Im a short guy and did a sleeping platform in my other 4runner, it was right at the same height when done with the mattress and I would bump my head waking up, it was hard to actually sit up in the bed...

When you come up with a 4th gen 4runner design, I may have to jump on it.

Major Props to you
:first:

I agree with you about maximizing headroom... although in this case, the seat bottoms also determine a "minimum height" unless you plan to exclude them from the system.

I've slept in my 4runner "on the floor", but in order to do that I have to remove the seat bottoms. I'd love a raised option for some underbed storage... but the damn seat bottoms are pretty tall! ha

04rnr 10-10-2020 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaitlyn2004 (Post 3553625)
I agree with you about maximizing headroom... although in this case, the seat bottoms also determine a "minimum height" unless you plan to exclude them from the system.

I've slept in my 4runner "on the floor", but in order to do that I have to remove the seat bottoms. I'd love a raised option for some underbed storage... but the damn seat bottoms are pretty tall! ha

yes, I have seriously considered removing the back seats and build the cargo box / sleeping platform from there (single guy) so no need for the rear seats for me. lol

kaitlyn2004 10-10-2020 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04rnr (Post 3553643)
yes, I have seriously considered removing the back seats and build the cargo box / sleeping platform from there (single guy) so no need for the rear seats for me. lol

Had the same thoughts, sadly the back seats DO get used occasionally, so for now it's been keeping and removing them as needed...

Rams50 01-08-2021 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOHO 4Runner Bed (Post 3552728)
Hi all,

Finally, we have it!

A drawer system for that fits under the YOHO 4Runner bed platform
Scroll down on this page for the video.

Thanks for looking!

YOHO 4Runner Storage Drawer System - Camping & Overlanding Equipment

– Foxwood Merchants

What is the current lead time? It looks like it's sold out.

Teamoatmealpie 01-08-2021 10:52 PM

I like it, you're hitting the middle ground between DIY and the insanely pricey stuff.
There are a lot peeps that don't have the skills, tools or time, or want to drop a grand or more. Keep up the good work.

Where are you guys located?