Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Extended Fusebox Cover for 5th Gen 2010-19 (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/291428-extended-fusebox-cover-5th-gen-2010-19-a.html)

ElectroBoy 10-25-2020 08:06 PM

Extended Fusebox Cover for 5th Gen 2010-19

8 Attachment(s)
I was looking for a new extended cover for my under-dash fusebox, to cover fuse taps. I saw a post by @ihateu3 in the thread below, where he offered up his model to anyone who wanted to 3D print their own. Since I don’t have a printer I contacted him and bought a cover.

https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-g...mething-2.html

Here are my impressions.

1. The material is ABS plastic. It’s tough and strong.

2. There are cutouts for the fusetap wires to exit the cover. The material between the cutouts (the “fingers”) are slightly flexible but will snap off if you bend them too far.

3. The cover securely grips the fusebox via the small notch in the cover that fits over the tab in the fusebox. The angled thumb tab on the side acts to release the cover for removal. My previous extended cover kept popping off so I had to tape it to keep it in place. This one works better.

4. The cover is a lower profile than my previous extended cover, which was taller, and I occasionally hit it with my foot when applying the parking brake. The inside depth is 19 mm so it clears the tops of the two types of taps commonly used. The two-prong Mini-tap sits about 17 mm above the fusebox, and about 15 mm for the Low Profile mini-tap.

For me it’s a good solution, it’s low profile, stays in place, and it’s inexpensive.

4loko.4r 10-25-2020 10:51 PM

Thanks for the share. Saving this thread for future reference.

rayofsi 10-26-2020 10:33 AM

Extended Fuse Cover - 4Runner - Limited Runs
– MESO CUSTOMS LLC

hard to find in stock, but these are nice too

97BlackAckCL 10-26-2020 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rayofsi (Post 3559482)
Extended Fuse Cover - 4Runner - Limited Runs
– MESO CUSTOMS LLC

hard to find in stock, but these are nice too

This is what I have, although the slots didn't line up for any of my fuse taps and I had to cut my own slots, it works great

ihateu3 10-27-2020 09:12 AM

@ElectroBoy That's a very nice and thorough write up, I am glad you are happy!

I will get a thread up sometime soon, with the files available for anyone that wants them, and a link to have me print them for you if you would prefer.

BTW, the legs of these covers are designed to be broken away if they are in the way of a circuit ;)

RidgeRunnin 10-28-2020 01:14 AM

Rad! thanks for sharing, hoping to toss one of these on my PRUSA later this week.

JB_Runner 10-28-2020 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ihateu3 (Post 3559859)
@ElectroBoy That's a very nice and thorough write up, I am glad you are happy!

I will get a thread up sometime soon, with the files available for anyone that wants them, and a link to have me print them for you if you would prefer.

BTW, the legs of these covers are designed to be broken away if they are in the way of a circuit ;)

How much would it be to have you print it out?

jbl911 10-28-2020 07:39 AM

There is a seller on ebay selling them for $25, a little pricey, but convenient. Ordered one yesterday for my 2020.

ihateu3 10-30-2020 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JB_Runner (Post 3560291)
How much would it be to have you print it out?

Sorry I am just now getting back to you. I can print and ship one out to you in ABS for $20.

ihateu3 10-30-2020 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbl911 (Post 3560301)
There is a seller on ebay selling them for $25, a little pricey, but convenient. Ordered one yesterday for my 2020.

I wish I would have got to you in time, because the 2020 is different than earlier years, and I believe it is the same fuse cover as the Lexus IS (the car I own and the reason I modeled this initially), but I have yet to verify this.

Greydog 10-31-2020 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ihateu3 (Post 3561540)
Sorry I am just now getting back to you. I can print and ship one out to you in ABS for $20.

Hi, I would like to buy one of your extended covers. Can you let me know details on making payment, etc?

Thanks, Mark.

ihateu3 11-01-2020 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greydog (Post 3561598)
Hi, I would like to buy one of your extended covers. Can you let me know details on making payment, etc?

Thanks, Mark.

Hey, if you could send me a private message, it would be easier. I hope to get a listing up sometime soon, but until then, just message me.

ElectroBoy 11-04-2020 08:54 PM

Here’s the link to a thread with more info and where you can download the print files or buy the cover directly:
Free 2010-19 Extended Fuse Cover 3D Print Files