Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   Comments & Suggestions (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/comments-and-suggestions/)
-   -   When will Admin address the scammers in Wanted section? (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/comments-and-suggestions/291446-when-will-admin-address-scammers-wanted-section.html)

DeathCougar 10-26-2020 04:07 PM

When will Admin address the scammers in Wanted section?

There has been an influx of scams in the wanted section lately.

The "seller" always replies to an ad with a copy/paste of exactly what the OP wrote, then writes "Contact [email protected]" or an out of state phone number. They send you stock photos, and request payment without accepting paypal goods/services.

This scam has been going on for some time. Admin, I think its time we inititated a minimum post count before posting in the classifieds. YT did this, and virtually eliminated spam. It also encourages members to actually contribute to the forum instead of just jumping on to sell 1 part and disappearing. But regardless of all that, the scams are the biggest issue.

thennen 10-26-2020 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathCougar (Post 3559612)
There has been an influx of scams in the wanted section lately.

The "seller" always replies to an ad with a copy/paste of exactly what the OP wrote, then writes "Contact [email protected]" or an out of state phone number. They send you stock photos, and request payment without accepting paypal goods/services.

This scam has been going on for some time. Admin, I think its time we inititated a minimum post count before posting in the classifieds. YT did this, and virtually eliminated spam. It also encourages members to actually contribute to the forum instead of just jumping on to sell 1 part and disappearing. But regardless of all that, the scams are the biggest issue.

Is there a way to contact Admin directly? I don’t think I’ve seen an example of that happening. My assumption is that Admin visits here on a part-time basis, and has a regular job like you and me. I may be wrong.

DeathCougar 10-27-2020 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thennen (Post 3559625)
Is there a way to contact Admin directly? I don’t think I’ve seen an example of that happening. My assumption is that Admin visits here on a part-time basis, and has a regular job like you and me. I may be wrong.

I have reported dozens of them. This forum has more than one Admin/Moderator who are capable of handling this and working with the site owner to fix the problem.

thennen 10-27-2020 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathCougar (Post 3560010)
I have reported dozens of them. This forum has more than one Admin/Moderator who are capable of handling this and working with the site owner to fix the problem.

Ok. I don't have anything I want addressed, but if I did, I'm not aware of a route for reporting problems and such. I haven't found anything like a contact page or problem reporting process. Maybe there is such a thing though, and I'm just ignorant of it.

RedSled 10-27-2020 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathCougar (Post 3560010)

There is a little triangle at the bottom left of the post, tap that and report away. I was doing this quite some time ago on all the spam posts, and they notified me to stop because it filled up their mail box, and they really don’t have time to look at them.

thennen 10-27-2020 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedSled (Post 3560026)
There is a little triangle at the bottom left of the post, tap that and report away. I was doing this quite some time ago on all the spam posts, and they notified me to stop because it filled up their mail box, and they really don’t have time to look at them.

Did not know that. Thanks for the info!

DeathCougar 11-02-2020 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedSled (Post 3560026)

Yep I report them, but seems like admin here don't care to address this issue.

Many people will fall for this scam

DeathCougar 11-04-2020 02:27 PM

Still nothing from Admins on this, and the scammers keep coming. The wanted section is full of these guys

ads2539 11-04-2020 04:17 PM

I’m not sure that the scammers look at their posts after they post them. They just wait for emails from their potential victims.

I make sure I don’t quote them in my replies, so they don’t get a notification that they were quoted, and I often warn other users that the user is a scammer. I used to post that the scammer is a registered sex offender, but that got old after 5-6 times. That’s when I started posting that they are scammers. I’ve considered posting that the scammers are transgender pedophiles, but I haven’t done that yet. They would have no legal recourse, because that would require them to identify themselves to prove they aren’t sex offenders/pedophiles, and then they’d be exposed as scammers/fraudsters.

DeathCougar 11-23-2020 03:52 PM

Admin still ignoring the spam/scam posts I see. Bunch more in the wanted section.

HELLO MODS, ANYONE HOME?

MicrowaveOven 01-13-2021 10:36 AM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...562344c4c0.png

Seriously...this peach just offered me a GREAT deal on a Pro takeoff suspension for $450 shipped.

Unfortunately people must still send these *******s money through Zelle, Venmo or Friends and Family in PayPal or they wouldn’t still be so actively scouring the WTB’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jrandom 01-14-2021 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MicrowaveOven (Post 3591053)
Seriously...this peach just offered me a GREAT deal on a Pro takeoff suspension for $450 shipped.

Unfortunately people must still send these *******s money through Zelle, Venmo or Friends and Family in PayPal or they wouldn’t still be so actively scouring the WTB’s

Gees, always some asshat out there trying to pull a fast one. Just throwing this out there, a TECNO LC7 phone isn't "really" available in the US ;)

DeathCougar 01-14-2021 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MicrowaveOven (Post 3591053)
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...562344c4c0.png

Yikes that is scary. He is a different type of scammer than what I have been seeing in the wanted ads, but still sucks

Nobody Special 01-14-2021 04:35 PM

DeathCougar?
The same one from Yotatech?
Wish I remembered my handle there.

Nobody Special 01-14-2021 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathCougar (Post 3570650)
Admin still ignoring the spam/scam posts I see. Bunch more in the wanted section.

HELLO MODS, ANYONE HOME?

Might be better off with a political headline if you want to get the attention.

:eyebrows::eyebrows::noidea::noidea::wave::wave: :hug: :hug: