Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Anyone running seat jackers ? (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/291498-anyone-running-seat-jackers.html)

TRUSTYAXE 10-28-2020 11:36 AM

Anyone running seat jackers ?

So I found what seem to be nice seat mounted molle panels, these guys have options for front and rear.

Tacoma & 4Runner - Seat Mount Molle Panel (MMP)
– Desert Does It

I'm interested in mounting one in the back of the passenger seat, so I can access it fairly quickly.

Tacoma & 4Runner - REAR Multi Mount Panel (MMP)
– Desert Does It

Has anyone installed seat jackers? If so how do you like them? I never knew there was a need..

:playball:

Jetboy 10-28-2020 11:50 AM

I really do like the idea of the seat jackers. I've considered using them. Really wish I had gotten a non-sunroof model for some extra headroom, but it wasn't an option to get a premium without it when I bought mine. Really really wish Toyota would have made the roof 2" higher!

gsla72 10-28-2020 12:00 PM

I'm running them on my driver's seat. Definitely a more comfortable driving position. I have the panel on mine but haven't really used it - I mainly bought it to fill the gap and keep things from rolling back under the seat.

Overall not an expensive mod and one that seems to have been positive.

sn_85 10-28-2020 12:15 PM

I'd be curious about these too. Not for my 4R but for my gf's Tacoma. The Tacoma seats sits real low to the floor. Without electronic adjustment it's kind of tough to find a good seating position in the Taco. Leg, height, and arm position just never seem right and I can't get all that comfortable driving it for long periods of time. The 4Runner though with it's 8 way adjustable seat is very comfortable position wise.

comtn4x4 10-28-2020 12:26 PM

I got a set a couple weeks ago and installed them before a 7 hour one way road trip. Definite improvement. I was much more comfortable with better support under my legs. I drove with much less leg fatigue than previously and overall more comfortable.
Install was very easy also.
I didn't order the molle panel however I may now.

KEVIN C. 10-28-2020 02:43 PM

I recently installed front seat jackers for the driver and passenger seats. Made a huge difference in comfort for us. The 4Runner feels like it has completely different, much better seats now. Only regret is wish I’d found these and done it sooner. Worth every $.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CollinJ 10-28-2020 02:49 PM

I’ve seen them before but with me being 6’3” tall..... not thinking I want/can have my seats up any higher ha

KEVIN C. 10-28-2020 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CollinJ (Post 3560473)
I’ve seen them before but with me being 6’3” tall..... not thinking I want/can have my seats up any higher ha

I'm 6'5" tall and the front seat jackers did not affect my seat height or headroom. That was one of my concerns since I have a sunroof. Changing the angle of the front seat bottom for the increased thigh support made all the difference in the world.

sn_85 10-28-2020 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comtn4x4 (Post 3560402)
I got a set a couple weeks ago and installed them before a 7 hour one way road trip. Definite improvement. I was much more comfortable with better support under my legs. I drove with much less leg fatigue than previously and overall more comfortable.
Install was very easy also.
I didn't order the molle panel however I may now.

Did you do both front and rear or just the fronts?

comtn4x4 10-28-2020 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sn_85 (Post 3560488)
Did you do both front and rear or just the fronts?

I actually only did the driver's (My) seat to test it out. I may do the passenger also but I'm doubtful on the rear.

Mudhorn 10-28-2020 04:00 PM

How much trimming was involved? Saw the note on their website.
*Please note that when installed in 4Runners and GX470/470s, removal or trimming of trim pieces may be required.

comtn4x4 10-28-2020 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OYOTA TRD (Post 3560518)
How much trimming was involved? Saw the note on their website.
*Please note that when installed in 4Runners and GX470/470s, removal or trimming of trim pieces may be required.

I didn't have to trim anything. I'm not sure what would require it?

comtn4x4 10-28-2020 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KEVIN C. (Post 3560482)
I'm 6'5" tall and the front seat jackers did not affect my seat height or headroom. That was one of my concerns since I have a sunroof. Changing the angle of the front seat bottom for the increased thigh support made all the difference in the world.

I'm not as tall as you guys are (6'1") but I did keep my seat pretty high. The seat jackers enabled me to completely change how the seat was positioned. I was able to lower the seat considerably and raise the front up much more so that it supports my thighs much better. I was also able to change the seat back to be a bit more vertical which supported my back and lumbar much better. It really does feel like a completely new seat as someone said. Shame I didn't have this 7 years ago.

gsla72 10-28-2020 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comtn4x4 (Post 3560524)
I didn't have to trim anything. I'm not sure what would require it?

I think it's in reference to the black plastic piece that hides the seat mount bolts. I simply removed them on mine.

I've had the passenger side covers removed for my wit's end fire extinguisher mount for 3+ years at this point with no issues. I guess now they match at least?

comtn4x4 10-28-2020 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsla72 (Post 3560575)
I think it's in reference to the black plastic piece that hides the seat mount bolts. I simply removed them on mine.

I've had the passenger side covers removed for my wit's end fire extinguisher mount for 3+ years at this point with no issues. I guess now they match at least?

ok that's interesting. I didn't have to trim my caps to get them back on. They are a bit raised from the floor but no problem with fitment. Maybe the caps changed design at some point. I do have a '13

Oh and I only did my driver's seat so maybe the rear seats or the passenger seats?